Gear S3 button stopped working

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 button stopped working

Can't reboot the watch if the power/home button doesn't work. You can however force reboot it but that still doesn't fix the issue. 

Constellation

Sorry but i noticed my watch doing this a couple months ago when my warranty was still valid. Unfortunately i called Tmobile and they informed me that its outside the 1yr mark. So I am SOL, I also called Samsung and they cannot even find the serial number in thier database. I guess I am stuck with a watch with a non functioning home button.

Thanks Samsung! Man Indifferent

Constellation

Dude same thing like are you kidding me so what did you do 

Constellation

Holding the menu button for 10 sec definitely worked for me. Thank You!!!

Constellation

Mine started doing the same thing a couple of days ago. Would not return to clock when home button was pressed. Held the home button for 10 seconds  it rebooted  and is functioning again. (S3 Frontier)

Constellation

[ Edited ]

My watch battery goes low and powered off, after charging, I hold power bottom about 15 seconds, suddenly turned on and then power/home bottom work perfect like before! 

But after few minutes its stop working!

At first I thought that its a hardware failure, but seems that was os bug.

Constellation

Seems like this may we widespread.  I am having the same issues and my watch is only 4 months old.  T-Mobile is replacing this for $20 (which I am not a fan of paying).

I wonder how many units have reported this behavior?

Astronaut

If it's in warranty which it should be in since the watch released in nov last year just call or chat Samsung and I sent off mine to get fixed. It's completely free but takes two weeks. 

Astronaut

If you have warrenty it's no problem send it to Samsung. It's free but takes 2 weeks
Astronaut

Wow... Holding the home button (the one on the bottom) for 10 seconds and rebooting actually fixed my issue! Glad I didn't have to send it back. Cheers!