Gear S3 button stopped working

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 button stopped working

Mine is only 4 weeks old and I have an entirely unresponsive home button. No amount of holding buttons or pressing sequences helps.

djparker17 sums it up nicely.
Constellation

Gotta love the default reply of "get a service technician to look at it"...yeah, that's going to cost me $$$$ for something that seems pretty basic and should still work on a watch that's only 1 1/2 years old, has never been abused, damaged, etc.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much for this. I factory reset my gear s3 classic thinking this would help my home button not working. All this did was make me go through the tutorial and when it got to the "press this button" I couldn't get out of it as the button didn't work. Pressing both together made it work. 

Constellation

Hello guys, I had an issue with my Samsung Gear Frontier S3 watch. The power button stopped working when I was trying to use it to access the menu. It was not responding, so I thought turning it off and back on would help.

Then it didn't turn on! I let it sit for about a months, then finally sent it to Samsung for repair. They sent it back almost two weeks later with a paper that said "un-repairable due to liquid damage". 

I never dropped this into liquid or had liquid spilled on it. I called them to complain and they said the technician said there is liquid on the mother board. So believe it or not, while I was on hold waiting to speak to a supervisor I started searching the internet to see if any one had this same experience. I found this site and read where someone said to hold the power button down for 10 secs, and it worked! The watch is back on after not using it for about 2  months. 

Funny thing is the Samsung rep is still telling me that it cannot be repaired since there is liquid damage. You would think the technician would of tried to hold the button down for 10 secs also. This is cleary a incorrect examination about the liquid damage. 

Even though it is working I escalated to issue and am waiting for a manager to call me back within 5-7 business days. I want to see where this goes, just because they are saying there is liquid damage and it cannot be repaired by them. When it is now working and never had liquid damage. 

Constellation

Like mine, dis several reboots and works for a hour and so, then the power key is clickable, but does not go anywhere

Samsung Moderator

Can I have your full model code, serial number and IMEI number (if LTE) via private message?