Gear S3 connection notification

Constellation

Gear S3 connection notification

Good evening, 

My Note 8 gets the notification every time my Gear S3 connects or disconnects BT (screenshot attached). This happens several times a day, when I walk away from my desk or whatnot. Is there a way to stop the notification from happening? 

I can't find anything in the Settings/Notifications menu. There is no "Samsung Gear", or "Gear S3", or "Gear S Plugin" on the app list. There is a "Samsung Connect" but turning that off still allows this alert to come through. Same thing with "Galaxy Apps". That's about all the obvious apps that one would think of. 

Attachments

46 REPLIES

Re: Gear S3 connection notification

Hey, @userb8a2o7Jwiq! Thanks for posting. Let me check this out for you. 

Is it just a constant notification that won't go away? I personally have a Gear S3 Frontier connected to my phone and the notification is there any time that it's connected.

I know that there's a way to turn off the disconnect notification on the Gear itself by going to Settings>Connections>Alerts. 

Constellation

Thank you, I'll try that setting on the watch and see what happens. But, yes, it is just a notification on the phone telling me when the phone is disconnected and connected from the watch.

Constellation

OK SamsungSean, that didn't work. I mean - it worked for disabling the alerts on the watch when BT is dis/connected. But it didn't work for the problem at hand. The original problem still exists - whenever Note 8 BT dis/connects from the Gear S3, there is a notification on the phone saying such. I don't care to be notified about this, so I'd like to turn it off.

Constellation

I have the same annoying notification problem and would love to have a solution

Red Giant

Good afternoon @userjNLKoxAiYx

Are you referring to the notification "Bluetooth is no longer connected to the phone, connecting to network?" When you walk far enough away? And it is the notification on the watch you are trying to turn off, not the phone correct?

Red Giant

Morning @userjNLKoxAiYx

Thought I would check in on you. Were you still experiencing that concern?

Constellation

Yes

Red Giant

@userjNLKoxAiYx

Would the community know of any way to turn those notifications off, or any apps that could help restrain some of these notices?

Constellation

the notification that my watch is connected via bluetooth ( or not ) is a serious annoyance. i don't care how it's connected at any given point in time during the day. it's a completely useless statistic UNLESS something isn't working. in which case i will gladly open the app to see how it is or isn't connected. the notification is a complete waste and serves no acctual function in the real world usage of the device.

this goes right along with not being able to uninstall the apps on the device ( and note 8 ) that i will never ever use. such as samsung pay. i tried it once and it's not for me. the gallery app ( who wants to look at pictures that small when you have a large phone screen next to you? or better yet. a computer. ) samsung health ( i couldn't care less about my heartrate how much i move sleep or anything else. i am well aware of being active or not because i am either moving around .. or sitting and i can measure that by having my eyes open. i don't need a device to tell me that i sat my rump in front of the computer for the last 6 hours. i know i did.) either way you can't get rid of these useless apps so they are always there wasting resourced on the device that could be used for better things that i might acctually use. and while were on the subject, why do i have to have location turned on IN MY PHONE in order for the weather app to tell me what the weather is ? this watch is supposed to have a gps, but apparently it doesn't work or doesn't acctually exist. i have no need for my phone to know where i am at all times. i turn location on when i want to use a location based service, and back off when i am done. the way i use my phone i can make the battery last on average 3-4 days on a single charge by keeping all the junk i don't need OFF. ( fyi- my note 4 had MUCH better battery life than the note 8 has since the note 4 was rooted and all the crapware removed. )