Gear S3 connection notification

Constellation

Re: Gear S3 connection notification

I addressed this issue today, since I got tired of constantly dismissing the "connected" and "disconnected" notifications from my phone.

I've got a Moto X4 on Android 8.0.  In system settings -> "apps & notifications" -> "Notifications" -> "Notifications" you can choose to disable all notfications for an application. (Your OS may vary)

The culpret here is "Gear Fit Plugin" and revoking its permission seems to fix the issue when manually testing with BT on/off.  I'm not sure what other notifications will be suppressed, perhaps valid warnings of some sort.  But I still have the watch buzz when it loses connection, so hopefully that'll be enough.

Constellation

I also find this notification very annoying. I don't wear my Frontier S3 around the house but usually have my Galaxy S8 in my pocket. It constantly vibrates with notifications regarding bluetooth connections and disconnections from my watch. I am unable to disabe notifications for this app. Here is a screenshot of the annoying notification.

Screenshot

Anonymous

Have you tried turning off your notifications by going to Settings>Connections>Alerts?

Samsung Moderator

Just checking in to see if you still need any assistance?

Constellation

This stops the same nuisance notifications on my watch (Frontier S3). This is helpful, but this does not stop the nuisance notifications on my phone, which is what I originally described.

I have searched the OS settings on my phone (Galaxy S8) as well as the Samsung Gear app. I am unable to find any setting that will disable connection alerts.

I would add another complaint about this nuisance alert. It stops any media I'm playing, and I have to manually restart this media. It doesn't seem to occur on connection, only on disconnection.

Samsung Moderator

Is the device disconnecting when it is not supposed to be?

Constellation

No, I don't think so. This typically occurs when I have my phone in my pocket while my watch is on its charging station. I walk outside expected bluetooth range while still in my home.

I am very grateful for the direction to the watch setting for connection alerts. My watch, which was on the charger on my bedside table, was waking up my wife while she was sleeping as I walked through the house during my morning routine. This problem has been resolved.

I would still appreciate the option to disable connection notifications on my phone. These notifications are enough of a nuisance that I may disconnect my watch when it isn't in use. This isn't the "seamless" experience I'd like from a device, but it would be better than the status.

Samsung Moderator

What is your full model code of your phone?

Constellation

Here is the information from my phone:

Model number SM-G950U

Software version G950USQS3CRE2

Hardware version REV1.0

Samsung Moderator

Thank you for this information. I will forward this accordingly.