Gear S3 connection notification

Constellation

Re: Gear S3 connection notification

Any update on this?

I also find this extremely annoying and, surprising as it may be, am considering going back to an Apple Watch because I can't stand it THAT much! :/

MY PHONE gets a notification every time my Gear Fit 2 (SM-R360) connects or disconnects from it.

Samsung Moderator

@usercclzaGHtzl What type of phone do you have the watch connected to? I know for the Galaxy phones, there is a way to turn the connection notification on/off. 

Constellation

@SamsungJecca wrote:

@usercclzaGHtzlWhat type of phone do you have the watch connected to? I know for the Galaxy phones, there is a way to turn the connection notification on/off. 

S8+ 

Samsung Moderator

@usercclzaGHtzl Thank you for that. Below is a link with steps on how to enable/disable the connection notification. 

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=873766&modelname=SM-...

Constellation

Thanks for the suggestion but it seems you haven't read the problem properly. In every case, we have been talking about messages on the phone.

Nonetheless, and the funny thing is, when I do what you have suggested, that notification STILL comes up on my gear fit 2.

I'm not as bothered about that as I am with the notification on my phone...
Supernova

@usercclzaGHtzl: What all do you have enabled under the notification settings on your phone itself? 

Constellation

Go into notifications in settings.. advanced.. gear fit plugins.. and there's no option to stop notifications.

Constellation

Hello?

Constellation

S9+, I can't get this notification to stop! I turned the notification off but it still says gear s plug in is allowed. 

Samsung Moderator

Just to double check, have you updated the device and app recently?