Gear S3 connection notification

Constellation

Re: Gear S3 connection notification

I'm suffering from the same on-phone notifications. Note 8. Everything is updated; the culprit is the Gear S Plugin. There is no way to block notifications from this app. It's annoying to have to turn off the watch every time you're not wearing it just to prevent it from notifying you that it's connected.

Astronaut

I think I got this to work.

I was also suffering from sporadic bluetooth notifications (preventig from seeing the watchface at screen-on)

I did 'connect to new phone' procedure, this essentially sets your S3 back to factory settings.

I recovered to an older back-up, but I did not re-install any unncessairy apps (Facer, GPS stuff, ..) .

Now I dont't have those notifications.

My guess is that one of the apps (or a whatchface in Facer, ...) is requesting this blueooth connection.

Constellation

So is there a fix? Seems like the support people don't even appreciate the user experience and how it is undesirable. 

Note 8. Gear s2. 

Phone is on me. Watch isn't. The Gear plugin keeps pushing a disconnected notification that makes the phone vibrate. Really annoying. Want to turn it off but can't. If it was just an app I could turn off notifications. 

Should be easy to replicate the use case.

I'm very close to just disconnecting the watch permanently. 

Samsung Moderator

Hey, just to double check, was the watch, wearables app, and phone updated recently?

Constellation

I would think that depends on your region. 

Astronaut

Galaxy Watch app > Settings > Watch Connection 

You'll find the option to disable the connection notification on your phone there.

Constellation

I went through the whole discussion and nobody seems to have a solution to this issue. Every time I walk away from my bedroom my phone vibrates as it loses connection with the Gear S3. This doesn't bother me at all since I cant really hear it, but is driving my wife crazy as she remains in the room....

Please help with this issue since I'll have to get rid of my Gear S3 if I don't fix this soon. Thanks

Constellation

This is really getting annoying. 

It didn't used to be this way.  I didn't start getting the audible notifications on the phone until a recent upgrade.

Astronaut

Bravo, Samsung!

Useless connection/disconnection notifications that cannot be removed nor disabled nor hidden! And the only thing samsung support can suggest is "Just to double check, do you have the latest software version". Please stop copy pasting stupid replies and pass that to technical guys!

Additional Information (just to double check that everything is up to date):

Samsung Galaxy S7, Android Version 8.0, Samsung Experience version 9.0, Baseband version: G930FXXU3ERI1

Gear Fit Plugin v2.2.04.18082851
Gear Wearable v2.2.21.18080361

Gear Fit Plugin keeps those annoying "Connected/Disconnected via bluetooth" notifications popping. PLEASE FIX THIS as this is extremely annoying. It has no informational value to me and I am left with no option to disable this. I did go to Notification settings on phone, Gear Fit Plugin has no option to disable notifications, I did go through all possible settings in Gear Wearable and so on. Still no luck on removing those pesky notifications.

I did go through loads of googling, and found no answer so far. Makes me want to switch to another wearable vendor.

Constellation

For Galaxy Watch

Go to - Galaxy Wearable App

- Then Watch Connection

- Then Unclick ' Connection Notification'