JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 not showing text notifications

(Topic created: 04-20-2017 02:10 PM)
Base_Word
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My Gear S3 Frontier stopped displaying notifications for incoming text messages.  They are listed in the messaging app, but the watch does not show new text notifications any more.  I have tried to go to settings in the Samsung Gear app, but under manage notifications (where you turn notifications on and off for various apps), "messages" is not listed, so there is not switch to turn messages on or off.  

This is not the issue where I don't have a messaging app on my Gear, because the app is still there on the watch, it is just not showing me texts and missing from the Samsung Gear app.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
FixxerUppr
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I found the real fix. First, make sure you delete the Samsung Gear app off your phone.  Reinstall through the Play Store, reset your gear and pair again like usual. Make sure you click "Allow"on every notification prompt you see. When you get to the part where it asks you if you want to restore all your data to your gear, click skip. That is the fix. It will take you through a very fresh install where you can select the settings that you would get through a true fresh installation. Afterwards have someone send a text. 

View solution in context

177 Replies
user9lj6eTviyo
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am having the same exact issues get notifications for emails, Facebook etc but not text messages help would be great

Base_Word
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Sorry to hear that.  I just had to do a factory reset of the watch and that fixed everything.  Factory reseting is totally the last resort, but it worked, and the amount of data you lose is no where near as bad as if you had to perge your phone.

Speedbucket
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm having this issue as well. It was working fine since I got it a month ago, today I stopped getting text notification. I still get the txt if I open the message app on the watch. The message app is now missing in the list of available app in the 'manage notification'.

Anyone know how to fix this without resetting the watch? The phone is S8+.

userCK4x8hoevB
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same issue. Gear s3 frontier & s8

0 Likes
Base_Word
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Sorry to hear that.  I just had to do a factory reset of the watch and that fixed everything.  Factory reseting is totally the last resort, but it worked, and the amount of data you lose is no where near as bad as if you had to perge your phone.

0 Likes
userfEmiW5L6yA
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
we're you able to find a fix? having the same issue with my note 8.
0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@userfEmiW5L6yA

Have you had a moment or two to try the suggestions from earlier in the thread? They did help out others and will hopefully help you too!  ^_^

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userfEmiW5L6yA
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Tried everything from all 8 pages of this forum.

0 Likes
Btreiber
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have tried every fix and nothing. I have a Samsung S8+ With the Gear S3 and I can't get anything to work. Any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes