JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 not showing text notifications

(Topic created: 04-20-2017 02:10 PM)
Base_Word
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My Gear S3 Frontier stopped displaying notifications for incoming text messages.  They are listed in the messaging app, but the watch does not show new text notifications any more.  I have tried to go to settings in the Samsung Gear app, but under manage notifications (where you turn notifications on and off for various apps), "messages" is not listed, so there is not switch to turn messages on or off.  

This is not the issue where I don't have a messaging app on my Gear, because the app is still there on the watch, it is just not showing me texts and missing from the Samsung Gear app.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
177 Replies
tonybrownlee81
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

tried everything mentioned but the reset, and finally after nothing else worked, i reset, and its working fine now, not sure what the permanent fix is/will be, as i surely hope i wont have to keep resetting/adding samsung pay cards/changing settings back, after every time it stops working

0 Likes
shadiddy
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
This absolutely worked. Check under phone settings > battery > battery optimization and change Gear S Plugin, Samsung Gear, Samsung Accessory Service to not optimized.
0 Likes
userkg9YgFh5HY
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I tried all of them but not work.

Finally I found solution that works for me: only what to do is to give permission for notification not only for S Gear but also fo notifications and for Always on Display (I do not use Always on Display function, but I tried to give a permission and it works). After that the permissions are still "on", no reset to "off".

0 Likes
Bdf
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Nothing worked!

I'e tried:

Factory reset on frontier

Notifications settings on frontier and on gear app

Power off, then on

Uninstall and reinstall gear app

Notification settings on note 8 itself

Frontier will not vibrate or notify of text when forwarded from cell phone either by Bluetooth or when using frontier as standalone phone! 

The only time it will vibrate or notify me of text is if someone sends  text my frontier number itself when frontier is being used as standalone phone. 

This should not be.  I got this watch speciically

To use as a standalone phone where text and calls can be forwarded from my note 8 cell phone.  But if i dont get notified of texts, that is a problem for me...Please fix this issue.

usercmfUq8W2zJ
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Don't know if this will help, but for me it did. Got my gear yesterday and started getting all the problems you guys are talking about, anyway, it turns out I'd cycled the 'do not disturb' icon on my gear. Really hard to tell if it was on or off, turns out it was clearly on!! All working good now.

useraXrQcbmRdJ
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

same issues on my frontier.  Did this ever get resolved?

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hmm, hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have other workarounds? Let us know!  🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userEZD9SOqHSX
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Yea this just happened to me. It was working fine a few days ago. I thought the settings were wrong. But it seems to be not the case, it was the feature I loved most. My e-mail notifications don't seem to come through anymore as well. I did a Factory reset last week, but that was for a different issue!

0 Likes
userbqSM9GDrtu
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I must say that my S3 also did not show notifications 2 or 3 weeks ago. I'm very disappointed, seriously thinking of abandoning my smartwatch forever.

0 Likes
useryuGPwn9Zpm
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Mine was doing the same thing. It was a setting on the messaging app. Press and hold,(you should get app info) press that, once in app info press the "i" my notifications were set to off.  Turned it on and working like a charm.  

0 Likes