JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 not showing text notifications

(Topic created: 04-20-2017 02:10 PM)
Base_Word
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My Gear S3 Frontier stopped displaying notifications for incoming text messages.  They are listed in the messaging app, but the watch does not show new text notifications any more.  I have tried to go to settings in the Samsung Gear app, but under manage notifications (where you turn notifications on and off for various apps), "messages" is not listed, so there is not switch to turn messages on or off.  

This is not the issue where I don't have a messaging app on my Gear, because the app is still there on the watch, it is just not showing me texts and missing from the Samsung Gear app.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
177 Replies
Knavely
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same here ... I tried everything.  Nothing worked.

0 Likes
userv4utu3EC2M
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@userQ3hDKWEtBJ wrote:

And seriously.... WHY HASN'T ANYONE FROM SAMSUNG JUMPED IN HERE YET???

This!

I had the same issue a bit more than a month ago, contacted Samsung, the tech support had no clue what was going on, couldn't fix it, but reported it. Then two weeks  later, an update somewhere (not sure what program's update) fixed it.

Now it's back. And this thread has been here for a month without response.

A shame, a terrible shame. Honestly, even a reply saying, "We know about the problem and are working on it" would be acceptable.

So disappointed.

userRDWBYFp03A
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I've had the same issue with the gear s3 and the s8+ took both of them into a store yesterday and they where no help either. Rang service support this morning from the UK and was put through to the call centre in Asia where I was told the the gear s3 and the s8 are not compatible until they release the new update but no date was given for this. 

A very poor service from Samsung to be honest 

0 Likes
l0NBh0MAZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

And then we buy the same brand of smart phone and watch, with the super limited Tizen OS, because we think that will be no issues, both flagship items $$$$$$$$$, and we don't expect compatibility issues. And we encounter the most basic and desired feature on a smart watch, that it's to be able to get sms notifications, NOT working! I love the brand, but they need to get some priorities straight here. 

0 Likes
Solution
FixxerUppr
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I found the real fix. First, make sure you delete the Samsung Gear app off your phone.  Reinstall through the Play Store, reset your gear and pair again like usual. Make sure you click "Allow"on every notification prompt you see. When you get to the part where it asks you if you want to restore all your data to your gear, click skip. That is the fix. It will take you through a very fresh install where you can select the settings that you would get through a true fresh installation. Afterwards have someone send a text. 

breich3
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

So I did what user userVarDC2Hyon recommended and so far 12 hrs later everything is still working.

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Woo! Thanks for that great suggestion @FixxerUppr

Also thank you @breich3 for verifying that it worked out. Remember to hit that "Accept As Solution" option under the post so others can see it too.  ^_^

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
breich3
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I want to give it a few days before commiting it as a solution.  I will keep this forum updated.

0 Likes
userpe4siBBBDF
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Unfortunately resetting your Gear and unistalling Gear from your phone works.

My case

Note 8

Gear S3 wifi

As much as I am a Samsung fanboi, their support is nothing short of useless. Just ask my 75" TV with CEC broken.

0 Likes
userPPOMgpoZGT
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same thing just happened to me on my new device ... right after I was prompted to update software. My advice to others is DON'T UPDATE.

0 Likes