JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 not showing text notifications

(Topic created: 04-20-2017 02:10 PM)
Base_Word
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My Gear S3 Frontier stopped displaying notifications for incoming text messages.  They are listed in the messaging app, but the watch does not show new text notifications any more.  I have tried to go to settings in the Samsung Gear app, but under manage notifications (where you turn notifications on and off for various apps), "messages" is not listed, so there is not switch to turn messages on or off.  

This is not the issue where I don't have a messaging app on my Gear, because the app is still there on the watch, it is just not showing me texts and missing from the Samsung Gear app.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
177 Replies
userF8m7iu0mXJ
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Mine didn't work 

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

No worries I totally understand! Just get back to us if you need any further assistance, or if it solves things. Always good to know either way.  😄

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user1Ed3xlUvrV
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I followed these steps and still no luck. Prior to following them I had just performed a factory reset on my phone and the Gear S3. For my situation I don't get text messages from the default google app "Messages," or from Verizon Messages+, but I do get messages from the mysms app. There never used to be an issue until a few weeks ago.

0 Likes
userhLs9BszWCq
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thanks for the suggestion but this did not work for me.

My watch worked perfectly for the first week I had it.  Since then text messages don't vibrate or come up on the screen, sometimes they show the orange dot and I can see them.  Emails from Inbox are great but emails from Gmail usually show up but don't vibrate.

I've tried everything that I can find online, usually resetting the watch and reinstalling the Gear app, but nothing works.  I'm extremely disappointed and would return my watch except I'm out of the two week window from Best Buy.  Customer service from Samsung has been useless.  

@samsung978531, please fix this or take my watch and refund me my money.

I'm using a Pixel 2

Hyper
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the exact same issue.  Reset, reinstalled has not worked.  I've tried all the other suggestions on this forum. Very frustrating.

Samsung are you doing anything about this issue?

0 Likes
userHIURKWWeVs
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thanks! That helped!

0 Likes
userRA0Mo6ZgaV
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

The answer from userVarDC2Hyon really helped me and actually works! I think it has to do with the Samsung Plugin but a complete uninstall and fresh install was what is needed to fix this issue.

I have been struggling with this for the last four months. Samsung customer service is a joke. I've sent it in 3 times only for it to be sent back saying that nothing is wrong with it. Every time I call them I talk to the ECR (Excecutive Customer Relations) department. They make it seem like they are the only ones that have the authority to help you instead they just give you the run around. Just based on my experiece alone with I would not recommend buying any kind of Samsung product.

That being said, I am ABSOLUTELY so happy that I found this resolution after all this time. It fixed the problem and my devices are working like they should. Thank  you SO MUCH for posting this solution. You saved me from throwing away my $300 smart watch.

0 Likes
user3VOWwGRPAi
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I brought mine today and found texts wernt showing up, all i did was go i to notifi ations and switch off where it says only display while watch is being worn and now tjey are all coming through fine

0 Likes
uservTCfxblMD0
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

This resolution is not working

Very unlucky.

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Have you tried resetting the device after trying the solution?

0 Likes