Gear S3 won't pair to new phone

SOLVED
Highlighted
Constellation

Gear S3 won't pair to new phone

[ Edited ]

Upgraded from Galaxy S7 Edge to Galaxy S9, and Gear S3 won't pair with new phone. Went into watch, and did "Connect to new phone"... on phone, just stays at "Setting up phone...Almost There" forever.  Tried clearing data and cache on the Samsung Gear app on the phone... very frustrating. Hard to excited about my new phone with all these troubles.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Constellation
Solution
Accepted by topic author userXjMA4DXhTD
‎08-11-2018 03:24 PM

Re: Gear S3 won't pair to new phone

[ Edited ]

The solution was to disable administrative privileges for an application named MobileIron. My company requires this app for company email and calendar. This app was also interfering with updating the Galaxy Apps (app store) app and Samsung Pay. It was also preventing full completion of restoring the backup of my old phone to my new phone. If you are having similar problems, check what other apps have admin privileges and try disabling them.

2 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Hello @userXjMA4DXhTD, lets give this a try to see if we can get your new phone connected to the watch.

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Device Maintenance>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Gear App>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Bluetooth>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Please make sure the watch is in pairing mode once these steps are completed. Let me know how this works for you.

Constellation
Solution
Accepted by topic author userXjMA4DXhTD
‎08-11-2018 03:24 PM

[ Edited ]

The solution was to disable administrative privileges for an application named MobileIron. My company requires this app for company email and calendar. This app was also interfering with updating the Galaxy Apps (app store) app and Samsung Pay. It was also preventing full completion of restoring the backup of my old phone to my new phone. If you are having similar problems, check what other apps have admin privileges and try disabling them.