Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

Constellation

Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

Floor count is incorrect depending on how you climb the stairs and how quickly you climb.

For example:  Just now I climbed 3 floors (4 times) skipping a stair each time (I did quickly) and gear sport only counted 1 floor.  If I go up 3 floors quickly stepping on each stair,  gear sport might count 2 or 3 floors, but if I go at moderate space, gear sport will count 3 floors every time.

I am on my second watch and the behavior is consistent.

139 REPLIES
Supernova

Re: Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

I know how frustrating it is to have your fitness tracker be inaccurate. Would you mind shedding some light on to what you are connecting your Gear Sport to?

Have you checked to make sure that your Gear Sport is up to date in the Gear app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Supernova

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to see if you needed any other help with your device. I hope you have a great weekend!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

I am seeing the same inconsistent behavior as well.  I have tried a full reset made sure everything is up to date.  Even manually configured the barometer.  Still same issue with floors.

Supernova

Thanks so much for verifying that for us, I'd like to look into this further. How long have you noticed this behavior?

Constellation

Yes I have latest updates for the apps and firmware on the gear.

Gear is connected to HTC u11.

Supernova

Alright, thanks for letting us know!

Has anyone had this problem with Gear connected to a Samsung device?

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I'm on my second gear and have the same issue. I was told to uninstall Samsung health on my phone as well when I got the new. It also doesn't count floors accurately.

Supernova

Hey, thanks for the heads up, @userL2lZBHurwH.

Did you have your Gear Sport tied to a Samsung device?

Asteroid

Yes It is connected to my galaxy S8.