Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

Astronaut

Re: Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

We found that if you raise your hand up over your head, like when you ask a question you raise your hand... It records it every time. Idk if it's an elevation thing... But that's what we do and it works

@yardman wrote:

Floor count is incorrect depending on how you climb the stairs and how quickly you climb.

For example:  Just now I climbed 3 floors (4 times) skipping a stair each time (I did quickly) and gear sport only counted 1 floor.  If I go up 3 floors quickly stepping on each stair,  gear sport might count 2 or 3 floors, but if I go at moderate space, gear sport will count 3 floors every time.

I am on my second watch and the behavior is consistent.

Astronaut

I am on my second gear sport. Its connected to my galaxy s7. Same problem. I watched the altimeter and it is so slow to register it won't track!

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Mine is still doing pretty good.

Counted 56 floors. 

Astronaut

I called support today about this issue. Said floors are not being registered when I go up and down the stairs. Support said "So you would like to register your device?" ha!

Then she wanted me to reset the watch and erase all the data, which I told her 30 seconds ago that I did.

Then she said send it in for repair. About 2 weeks turn around. No recognition of all the complaints about this.

What we know: raising your hand above your head when you get to the top set usually works.

Solution: change 10ft (3m) to 7.5 ft (for those of us with lower ceilings). Done. Yes, some will get a little more credit for floors but we at least will get credit. It's been a year of complaints. Change it already!

Asteroid

LOL. Wanting Samsung to change an internationally accepted unit of measure of a floor. Let's see if Craftsman to change their tape measures so 11 inches equals a foot instead.

If anything  you don't want Samsung to change what a measurement floor is, but how it calculates that floor. They should cheat, like FitBits do. 

Asteroid

@userJYPj6FOgKL wrote:

Solution: change 10ft (3m) to 7.5 ft (for those of us with lower ceilings). Done. Yes, some will get a little more credit for floors but we at least will get credit. It's been a year of complaints. Change it already!

The problem is that the Samsung Sport  doesn't even count 10ft/3m correctly.  As some of us have stated previously, we can climb 3+ stories of stairs in commercial properties (where the ceiling height is usually much higher than in homes) and *maybe* get it to register ONE flight of stairs.

Constellation

How would the GPS have any impact on the flights of stairs counted? Surely this is actuated by a combination of motion sensors and the barometer. GPS makes no sense at all.

Astronaut

I have the Samsung s9 plus connected  and it doesn't register  me going upstairs if I go in the loft it registers as 2 floor in reality this is 2 floors.

Considering I usr the loo rather a lot ad I have a bowel problem it is frustrating because  it makes all the other data  connected  to it such as calories  used distance etc

Constellation

My watch is also not counting floors. Im connected to a LG 6+

Constellation