Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

Supernova

Re: Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

Thanks so much for that clarification, I'm working to find a solution for this. If everyone could also chime in if there are having this difficulty, I'm happy to direct this to the right ears to make sure your feedback is heard. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

I have been testing against a fitbit.  Using the devices on the same wrist I went up the stairs 10 times, fitbit counted all 10 floors.  The sport counted 2 of the 10.    Seems to be something with the barometer and elevation.  I found that if I started in a squating position and walked up the stairs then raised my arm it would count each floor that way.  Not sure if there is a way to change the floor height or change it to be a +/- of 10% of whatever height is programmed to count a floor.

Cosmic Ray

Yes also having some issues with incorrect floor counting.

Inaddition, calories burned throughout the day seems to be way off.  I'm 6 ft 180 pounds 32 yo male, and after walking 10,000 steps throughout the day with 30 minutes of active exercise, it says I burned 2000 calories for the day.

In addition, frequent hr never takes my HR every 10 minutes as advertised.  Can you please look into these issues as well?

Constellation

I just received my new samsung gear sport and it will not counr floors at all. My fitbit being worn simultaneously counts floors without error. 

Astronaut

I am having the same issue. I have a Gear Sport connected to a Pixel 2. My software is all up to date. Not only does it not count floors properly, but it doesn’t seem to recognize basement stairs at all. If it’s going to be inaccurate, it would be nice to have the ability to manually enter stairs. 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I've had issues with the floor count since I bought my Gear Sport in mid-January. My watch is paired to a Galaxy S8. I have checked to make sure that everything is up to date. I check for updates at least every other week.

Like many others have noted, I found that the floor count would not register inside my house (with 9 foot ceilings) unless I started by reaching to the floor for a few seconds and ended by reaching for the ceiling for a few seconds. It still wasn't consistent even then. Even stranger is the fact that walking up two flights of stairs also does not register anything without both crouching and reaching. I've been home shopping recently which has given me the chance to test the floor count on a couple dozen houses. It never catches the floors without crouching at the start and reaching at the end.

I work in a building with 15-16 ft between floors, and the watch usually (but not always) registers the actual number of floors I take. However, I feel that this is inaccurate as well. I would think that walking up 4 flights of these stairs would register as at least 5 but ideally 6 floors.

My watch isn't even registering the floors at work today. I've done 8 flights here and 1 flight at home today, but my watch shows 0.

Astronaut

Has happened to me with Samsung Sport running on S8 Galaxy. All software up to date. Today I have done 18 flights of stairs, it is saying 8. Interestingly, this morning it went from 2 to 3 floors when I was walking on the one level (hadn't even been up one step).  It is consistently miscounting.

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

Same here, just bought the gear sport. Had it for two days, so far and it doesn't read my stairs at home. I have a two story home, with my bedroom upstairs. Why is it not registering the stairs I walk everyday?

Supernova

Thanks so much for reaching out, @user594bXNOGi9. Occasionally stairs are not counted when inside, have you been able to test this outside to see if you see this same behavior?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Supernova

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to reach out and see if you were able to test this outside. Do you still see this difficulty with tracking?

If you are able to fix for this please let us know.

If we can help you with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!