Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

Asteroid

Re: Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

+1 for the same issue with stairs on my Gear Sport.  

And no, I have not been able to test this outside.  Frankly, I'm having a heard time thinking of a place to test it outside; most, if not all of the stairs I climbe are inside.  

Constellation

+1 for the same issue. Gear Sport with Galaxy s7
Constellation

I have the same issue and have tested on an outside parking lot stairwell while connected to my S7 edge.  Went up 6 flights yesterday and it counted 2.  I've only had my Sport for a couple weeks now.  On day 1 when I tried it in the house it worked fine and only appeared to miss 1 or 2 flights.  since then it seems to not capture the information very well.  Additionally, the other day I noticed the auto-walk feature doesn't seem accurate either.  Started walking, system registered auto walk....20 minutes later it indicated I had walked for 10 minutes.

Constellation

Stair count isn't working properly.

[ Edited ]

I just bought my sport gear and love with the exception of the step counter.  At first it worked then I started noticing inconsistency.  I'll do three stairs and only get one count.  I watched the the counter as I was doing stairs and it went up to 4, then all the sudden I watched it go to one!?  Hope an update or patch will fix this.  Very disappointing for such a cool sport smart watch.

Constellation

Mine is doing the same thing. Grrrrr
Constellation

Re: Gear Sport Floor Count not correct

I am connecting to my Samsung S7 edge.  At first my watch worked correctly, but has since become completely inaccurate.  I have made sure the wrist placement is correct and know that the watch counts 10 steps as a floor.  I look at the watch while doing stairs and watch the count go up to 2 floors then the count changes right back to zero?!

Constellation

Watched told me i was 4 flights short of 10. It took me 8 flights just to get 4 down(first two not even counted). Not really what I would call accurate. 

Astronaut

I have the gear sport and I am connecting to a samsung note 8. I walk up 10 to 12 flights every day and my watch only tracks at most 6. 

I have checked and everything is up to date. 

Cosmic Ray

If anyone in the community has found a workaround or fix for this please share! 

Asteroid

I haven't found a workaround for this yet.  It seems the Barometer/Altmeter is the key here.  It may just be as accurate as we need.  Everything I see is that 1 flight of stairs is 10ft difference in altitude.  I think engineers need to change this to a +/-  10%  for calculating floors.