Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

Astronaut

Re: Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

Add me to the list - Samsung Gear Sport on a Samsung S7.

Astronaut

S8 + Gear Sport and floors not counted as well!!!

Constellation

I have tried slow all spreds ascending and decending stairs. My gear sport rarely detects anything.

Constellation

+1 for floor counter not working.  I have a 2 story house and have never gotten credit for a flight of stairs.   Only thing left to try is to start in the basement and climb two flights of stairs and see if it records a flight that way.

Constellation

Same here, connected to a Samsung S8.

It says it should count it if you climb 3 meters. Floors in my home are lower than that (approx. 2,7 meters), but even when climbing 2 floors it doesn't count any from time to time.

Is there any update regarding a software update that will fix this issue? Maybe even have a configurable elevation level per floor?

Supernova

I really appreciate all of the detail you've provided, @userlpx0Nqy1d8, would you mind providing us with some information about your device?

* Model Number

* Software Version

This will help us get a better idea of which devices are seeing this behavior.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I am having this issue. I just returned a fit 2 pro to Best Buy for this reason. It would not register stairs but did register the elevator at work as stairs! I exchanged it for a gear sport and have the same problem. I am using a Samsung Galaxy 9, switching from being a long time apple user. I am disappointed but will keep the sport in good faith that this will be fixed. 

Constellation

Hi Trevor,

below are all the details I could find:

Samsung Galaxy S8
Android: 8.0.0
Samsung Experience: 9.0
Sumsung Gear: 2.2.20.17113061
Gear S Plugin: 2.2.03.18031451

Samsung Gear Sport (SM-R600)
Tizen: 3.0.0.1
Software: R600XXU1AQK4

Hope this helps to speed up the time to fix.

Let me know if you need any additional info!
Constellation

This whack-a-doodle approach actually works! Well I didn't try starting from a squat, but I marched up the stairs and raised my arm at the top. Salute Samsung! Bingo! I seriously hope this is fixed soon. 

Asteroid

Is this the only issue people are having with the Sport? I read some other things about the Tizen 3 update completely breaking the Fit 2 Pro, as in not counting steps, calories, etc. Is this the case for the Sport as well? I really want to pick one up but am a bit hesitant to.