Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

Astronaut

Re: Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

I am having the same issue.  I went up and down our stairs 6 times in a row today, and the fitbit blaze counted the floors while the gear sport did not.  I just got the sport yesterday and am very disappointed.

Asteroid

Is that the only issue you are having, or are there others?

Astronaut

Bought the gear sport a week back just won't count the floors it's not just frustrating what's more frustrating several users have complained about it since Jan yet u have no fix and continue to sell the watch with no fix and by the looks of it after page 4 u have gone to hiding under a rock
Asteroid

If it helps at all, I talked to a Mod and he said that they are looking into a fix and hope to have it out soon. Now whether or not soon is 2 week or 2 months, I have no clue. Hopefully one does come though.

I really want to get the sport, but may have to go with the Fitbit Iconic if this is going to be an issue. However, I really want to stick with the Samsung ecosystem. I hear S Health is the best app out there and when I did some research this morning, I saw a lot of people complaining about the Fitbit app because the last update broke everything. 

It's so frustrating trying to decide on what to do, but at least I haven’t spent any money yet. You guys are who I feel bad for. Having a broken watch for almost 5 months has to be extremely frustrating. Let's hope Samsung gets this fixed asap. 

Astronaut

Yes - I am having the same issue and I have it connect to my Samsung S8+

Constellation

Re: Gear Sport Floor Count not correct

THIS GUY'S RIGHT:

If attitude is out of sync that is CAUSE & RESOLUTION til Samsung rolls out fix ( i.e. 4 lefties watchface orientation that gear fit had...)

Sport is 3rd samsung smart xx owned. 1st with stair tracking. HOWEVER not 3rd smartwatch/ fitness tracker I've tried/ had/returned/exchanged.

Couldn't find a way 2 auto sync alt. diff than auto setting of every 6hrs. Mine showed me -135ft...so either S Health don't credit stair climbing u do below sea level... or make certain that app's altitude value hasn't gone wanky.

Some may think you've done i.e. 4 "flights" in a stairwell but even best rated fit trackers think i.e. in an office building 1 floor =1 flight

Constellation

Re: Gear Sport Floor Count not correct

I'm having the same issue with my new Gear Sport connected to my new Samsung S9+   ... very annoying and frustrating.  I climbed 28 floors at a slow pace to only get fraction of that like 8 floors counted only.  What can we do ? ok at least how can I edit this count in my tracker and my Samsung Health app records ?

Supernova

Hey, everyone who is having this difficulty, please reach out to 1-800-726-7864. They will be happy to provide you with the information necessary to ensure that your device is properly repaired.

Thanks so much to all of you for reaching out to us about this. Please let us know if you need help with anything else.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Just bought my sport and it doesn't count at all.  Connected to an S9+.  So I have to call that 800 #?  That's the only thing we can do?

Constellation

I have this issue.  Mine is linked to s8+.  

This is severely dismaying. This is my 4th samsung wearable.  My gear fit died after another summer at the pool and I bought an Asus and didn't like the functions,  so I bought this gear sport which I love except that it doesn't count stairs,  and all of the sport functions seem a bit off (like calorie and step counts)... stairs definitely don't work.  

The stairs worked properly on my former samsung watches so what's up? Why can't you fix it? How did you possibly manage to go backwards?  

There's no point in adding food data when nothing else works.  This watch is no better than a $5 pedometer. 

If this is the direction samsung is moving,  I will be exploring other options.  I've had Samsung phones since galaxy came out and watches since the first gear came out.  

This is beyond disappointing.  I'm feeling ripped off.  It's a great looking watch,  but it's labeled SPORT.  Fix it!!!!