Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

Constellation

Re: Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

I called this and got someone I could barely understand who started walking me through a bunch of useless steps.  I didn't have time to complete her obstacle course, but it really didn't seem helpful at all. 

What result is calling this number supposed to have?

The person was not aware of any issue with the gear sport,  which there obviously is a common issue.  

Constellation

I have had the same exact issue. I walk up and down stairs all day every day, indoor, basement for a store. Rarely do i have more than two flights of stairs registered and i could walk up them 100 times a day. Outdoors in trails It works a little better.

I use my watch standalone, and i often use it in Airplane mode.  Would that matter?

Another question, in the Samsung health app when transferring data over to my phone I never see elevations? Is that only calculated when using the phone during an activity

Astronaut

Mine is not counting steps at all. I have it connected to my Samsung Galaxy 9S

Constellation

I am having the same problem. My Gear Sport (just purchased today) is not recording floors at all. I have updated all software. I am using it with a Note 8.

Asteroid

My new gear sport does not count stairs inside or outside. Connected to Google pixel 2 xl. All other functionality seems fine, but I'm only on day 2 of ownership.

Constellation

I have had the gear sport for a month and am also having this issue.  The unusual thing I have noticed as well is if I power it off when I turn it back on, in the moments before it reconnects to my phone I will see the stair count as accurate until it reconnects.

I'm very disappointed with this product as there are several things that don't work the way I expect them to from a brand like Samsung.

Constellation

Just picked up the sport and also having issues with elevation counts. I have thirty days to return, and am seriously considering going back to Fitbit.

Constellation

I bought a Gear Sport this week and it does not count steps very well and doesn't count flights of stairs either.  It just doesn't seem to register them.  It is very frustrating because I love my new watch but hate the fact that my fitbit was much more accurate.  I noticed people talking about a barometer and making adjustments.  Where do you find those instructions?  Maybe I could start there.  

Supernova

@userffAoElV2u5, please refer to my previous post:

@userffAoElV2u5, please refer to my previous post:

Hey, everyone who is having this difficulty, please reach out to 1-800-726-7864. They will be happy to provide you with the information necessary to ensure that your device is properly repaired.

Thanks so much to all of you for reaching out to us about this. Please let us know if you need help with anything else.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I am having the same issue. I just bought a Samsung Gear Sport. It is linked to my Samsung Galaxy S8. I have Samsung Gear and Samsung Health installed, so I can go to my phone and read the dashboard when it syncs. I've done my house stairs at least 4 times this morning, and my Gear is reporting zero stairs.