Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

Constellation

Re: Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

I just tried the starting from a squat and raising my hand at the top of the stairs, and finally a flight of stairs was counted. But, that is ridiculous as a solution. I cannot go around the world climbing stairs that way. I just switched from Fitbit, because it never syncs properly with my phone, and I thought having 2 Samsung devices would be a solution. This is frustrating.

Constellation

I called.  I got walked through a bunch of basic steps and then reseting to factory.... it still doesn't work.

The real question is why did all my other previous samsung watches count the floors and steps properly and how did samsung manage to ruin it?   why can't you just use what you had before that actually worked?? It makes no sense.

Losing faith. 

Constellation

Mine does not count stairs/floors at all and I live in a 2 story house up and down at least 10 times a day.

Just got it for Mother's Day and it has never workeed.

Constellation

I bought the Samsung Sport watch 2 days ago. Not a single floor has been counted. Connected to a Galaxy S7. I suspected this would happen. My wife's Fitbit is spotty at best, and she had a Garmin watch for awhile. Same thing. I think these devices do not count fights of stairs. The manufacturers and software engineers haven't figured this out yet. Still like the watch.

@SamsungTrevor wrote:

Alright, thanks for letting us know!

Has anyone had this problem with Gear connected to a Samsung device?

Constellation

I purchased the Samsung Sport watch 2 days ago. Not a single flight of stairs has been counted. I expect most manufactures and software engineers haven't figured this out. My wife has had a couple of Fitbits and a Garmin. They also were spotty at best. My Samsung Sport os very good at everything else. Would like for this t work too. Using a Galaxy S7. 

Constellation

Why would being inside vs. outside matter? 

Supernova

Hey, @user1JmAFkBRxN, the main reason I ask is to determine if this is caused by an interference in GPS connectivity.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Has this issue been fixed yet. I have not been able to get my gear sport to count a single floor!

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

Yes, won't count floors consistently!  Please send out a patch or something. Would love it if my activity tracker actually tracked my activity!

Constellation

I would also like a fix for this. I have had my watch for exactly one week, everything is fully updated, it is paired with my Samsung phone, and it will not correctly track my levels. I put in over 20 levels in my two-story house yesterday and the Gear Sport only tracked 2 (one of which was early in the morning before I even went upstairs). I just tried the "crouching before/raising arm up after" trick and it finally recognized a level. That was even after going up our bigger flight of stairs to the bonus room.