Gear Sport Not Tracking Heart Rate When Exercising

Constellation

Re: Gear Sport Not Tracking Heart Rate When Exercising

Gear tracker it is a gear app not mobile.

Asteroid

This is also still an issue with the new Samsung watch. I've already returned 1 and exchanged it and the new one is even worse. On a 3 mile run/walk I only get heart rate readings for about 1/4 of the workout, on a good day. 

Samsung Watch 42mm paired with S8+

All software up to date and I already tried and reset and reinstalling the wearable app and samsung health app.

Unfortunately I'm past the date to return for a refund but when I had to exchange the first one I went ahead and got Best Buys protection plan so I can at least exchange it for something else but I don't really want to have to do that. So Samsung how about giving us some real answers? 

Samsung Moderator

The pedometer and heart rate sensor may not work properly on some watches with a specific software version. The issue will be resolved by a software update. For a temporary solution, reboot the watch when the problem is detected, and then disable the Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine setting. (The menu options may vary by the watch.)

Note: Use the paired phone to check for software updates via the Galaxy Wearable app for the watch.

From the Apps screen, touch Samsung Health.
Rotate the bezel to and touch Settings.
Touch Workout detection.
Touch the switch to turn Off the Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine. (The icon will turn gray when the function is turned off.)

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungLarry wrote:

The pedometer and heart rate sensor may not work properly on some watches with a specific software version. The issue will be resolved by a software update. For a temporary solution, reboot the watch when the problem is detected, and then disable the Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine setting. (The menu options may vary by the watch.)

Note: Use the paired phone to check for software updates via the Galaxy Wearable app for the watch.

From the Apps screen, touch Samsung Health.
Rotate the bezel to and touch Settings.
Touch Workout detection.
Touch the switch to turn Off the Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine. (The icon will turn gray when the function is turned off.)

Yes I've already seen you give this suggestion on other threads about that issue and I've already tried it and it doesn't work.

Astronaut

Thank you.  This fixed the issue for me.  I purchased the watch in May 2018 and the HR monitor worked fine during most workouts.  Last week, however, it just stopped measuring my HR during workouts.  This fixed the issue.

Asteroid

Thanks for the reply, this does not fix the issue and neither does a restart when the heartrate fails or a restart before every activity.  I have everything turned off in activity detection and still have HR tracking issues on the Gear Sport.  The EU Samsung community page has many more posts on this issue, the EU forum allows screenshots where the US one doesn't, so I have been posting there.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/Gear-Sport-Not-Tracking-Heart-Rate...