Gear Sport S-Voice " An error has occurred ..."

Highlighted
Constellation

Gear Sport S-Voice " An error has occurred ..."

I just recently purshased myself a Samsung Gear Sport and the first day the voice commands worked fine. But now if I use S-Voice I get the error: "An error Has Occured. Im unable to answer your question. Try again later.". I get a simular error when I try to use voice command to reponse to messages. I have run a reset on the watch and it still does not work. How can i fix this? Thank you in advance

36 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Gear Sport S-Voice " An error has occurred ..."

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

I'm having the same issue. Not as reliable as Google Voice.
Constellation

I've had the same issue since the day I got the watch a month ago. Scouring the internet it seems this is an issue that many other people are having on the Gear S3, Frontier, S2, etc. Seems to be a software issue.

Some people report switching the language to English UK helps but only results in the voice input working occasionally. 

It's left me beyond frustrated as it seriously reduces the usefulness of the watch. 

Cosmic Ray

I just purchased a new Gear S3 Frontier and am experiencing the same issue.

If I say .. " Text Judy." (Or virtually anything) I get the following response.
"An error has occurred. I am unable to answer your question. Try again later."

Constellation

The same on Gear sport

Constellation

I am also getting this error, I have the Gear sport. Just purchased a week ago.

Please fix or it will go back to store, I love the watch but if it won't work I have no choice.

Dan

Constellation

I had issues when i wanted to reply back to a text message is said "input voice fail"

but..

If  i wanted to do a quick question search with the voice input and say "what time is it in NY" it worked perfect.

Mine started after 8 days of owning it and on day 10 it went back to Tmobile.  They gave me a new one out of the box and it did the same thing. 

I purchased this watch December 2017 S3 Frontier- LTE model

THEY REFUNDED ME.

Honored Contributor

Hello all.

Please double check that your Gear as well as your apps are fully updated. After that, if you can please let us know any troubleshooting steps you may have already tried, we can compile a list here of what has been tried and what still needs to be tried.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I updated both, my Samsung Note 8 and Gear S3 Classic, but the Gear S3 Classic keeps throwing this error whenever I want to ask anything (please see both screenshots). I purchased Gear S3 Classic 1 week ago and I am so sorry because of this. Can I take it to service for this, or is this just so bad software? (Tizen 3.0.0.1)