Gear VR: Network Error?

Astronaut

Re: Gear VR: Network Error?

Have same error. Wiped cash. Re-booted. closed apps. I have been to look online in other apps

Samsung Galaxy 7. Updated software.

Gear VR 2016 latest edition. 

Network Error Occured. 

Highlighted

When I had the error I was running beta version of Android nougat. So if you are also running the beta version of Android, go back to Android 6 and it will sork fine as now it's working perfectly fine for me

Constellation

[ Edited ]

No wonder they are giving away the VR as a promotion; Having same problems, brand new phone, cleared cache, reset network, closed all apps, restarted phone.  Evey time at the end of the occulus account set up after enter pin i get "no network connection an error occured please try again"  this just turns in to a loop of failure and yes i have network connection duhh.  Called tech sopport more clueless people realy loosing faith in samsung products guess i will return both phones and use my tried and true s4's a while longer.  Brick of Shamsung

After much effort here,  just use a PC to create account then use that to log in PIA but it worked

Constellation

I got mine working in the end...the issue I recall is the app was half installed and needed to be uninstalled...works great now...

Afraid I dont recall or have a link to the fix...sorry not much use...

Constellation

[ Edited ]

SOLUTION: Got to setting>apps>apps manager >more>show system apps.  Now look for all your vr system applications click on the go to storage and delete all from all the vr system application DATA after that plug your phone back on the vr and it should start downloading here are some pictures but they are in Spanish I hope it helps. 

Constellation

How did u install the app it's not in the app store?

Constellation

The Vr.  

Constellation

Gear VR: Network Error?

Constellation

Hello I have the same issue

Device: Galaxy S7 Edge

S/N: R58H55014XL

Device: GearVR (2016)

S/N: RFAHB0505NF

The GearVR was purchased the other day and I tried to connect my phone, I attached my phone following the instructions but then when I clicked next to proceed to download the Oculus software I kept recieving NETWORK ERROR it would be much appreciated if you could reply with what to do next? 

p.s the S7 Edge has been wiped and restarted and I have followed all steps above... 

Constellation

I have just tried again and the welcome screen won't appear at all it is showing my home screen through the vr system