Gear fit 2 Pro "Swim Ready" is a LIE! BEWARE OF BAD SERVICE AND FAULTY PRODUCTS!

Cosmic Ray

Gear fit 2 Pro "Swim Ready" is a LIE! BEWARE OF BAD SERVICE AND FAULTY PRODUCTS!

I have had a terrible experience with the service department of samsung and with their tech repair company.  The Gear Fit 2 Pro CLAIMS to have a water resistance rating of 5ATM.  This is aparently suitable for use swimming.  It even comes equipped with the speedo app which will allow you to track a swim work out.

Funny thing, on all three occasions I had contacted them regarding an issue with the function of my fitness band the FIRST QUESTION they asked me was "was this product exposed to any liquids?"   Ummm... if it is swim ready WHY does this even show up as a reasonable question to ask?  Perhaps asking "has this been exposed to any diving activities or high velocity water sports?" would be a more reasonable question.  If it is swim ready WHY wouldn't it be exposed to liquids?  

That said, I have never swam with this on.  I have been kayaking and tested the water temperature by putting my fingers into the water.  I have been through intense workouts with sweat as a possible factor.  But never once has this product joined me on a swim workout.  So outside of some minor water drips from a paddling session, we should be good.  WRONG!  It was sent in and found to have "liquid damage". 

The service company they use is All Tech-Neek Electronics.  The first time it was sent in there was a part, manufacturing related, that needed to be replaced.  So this device was previously opened up and repaired and then sent back to me.  Maybe when they opened it up they damaged one of the seals, and ruined the water resistency of the product.  But they won't admit to that as a possibility, and they won't warranty their service work, which was completed in March (it is the first week of July of the same year that the march repair was done so... it has been less than 4 months).  

I've been on the phone with the support team, they say that they cannot override their tech's evaluation and that the warranty is void and that they will not send me a new product.  They won't pull their product spec of the 5 atm water resistance rating.  No Help.  No investigation into what seems, based on my searches for reviews on this product, to be actually a very common issue.  

DO NOT buy their products.  They don't stand behind them.  They LIE about the functions of the product.  They are very quick to shift the blame.  Their warranty is a JOKE.

I know I won't buy a samsung fitness band ever again.  And I certainly will never trust any samsung product that claims any sort of water resistency, because they won't honour the warranty on it.

7 REPLIES
Supernova

Re: Gear fit 2 Pro "Swim Ready" is a LIE! BEWARE OF BAD SERVICE AND FAULTY PRODUCTS!

I am sorry to hear this. Do you have a previous ticket number I can look into? 

Cosmic Ray

Re: Gear fit 2 Pro "Swim Ready" is a LIE! BEWARE OF BAD SERVICE AND FAULTY PRODUCTS!

I do.  4147711896 and prior to that it was 4146876006.

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

I messaged you with both my ticket numbers.  Have you received this yet?  I would really like to find a resolution.  Look at the people's replies to other comments with the same issues on this product!  It's time for Samsung to step up.  It's either your product is faulty or your tech company of choice is doing something wrong putting these things back together.  

Supernova

I apologize, I did not receive the response. The email notification is a do not reply email so if you responded directly to the email, we would not get that information. 

Cosmic Ray

I just replied again with the ticket numbers.  It was here an hour ago and now it is gone again.  Did you get them this time?  If not is there an alternative way I can get in touch with you, the message doesn't seem to stay posted here.  

Cosmic Ray

I have replied NUMEROUS times, and the post keeps disappearing from here.  Why?  Are you receiving these messages?

Constellation

I dont understand how samsung can get away with the false advertisement on this product. I have a gear fit 2 pro that is only 5 months old and I did use it for swimming one time and it stopped working after that.  I sent it in for repair and they returned it with a letter stating that they can not repair it or replace it due to water damage.  I am very frustrated with samsungs response to this issue. How can they advertise a watch which is made for swimming and not honor their warranty when it was being used for its intended purpose.  I will never purchase another samsung product again.