Gear fit 2 not tracking distance

Constellation

Re: Gear fit 2 not tracking distance

I'm having the same issue and frankly I'm beyond pissed. I reset my watch yesterday and it did absolutely nothing to resolve the problem. This needs to be addressed now or I'm returning the watch.  I'm contacting Samsung today

Astronaut

I've reset it a couple of times.  If I disconnect from my phone it works.  Have been having issues since phone and Gear both updated.

Constellation

Hello, are you still having the same issue with your Gear fit 2?

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I'm having this issue as well.  If I run with my GF2 paired with my phone it won't track distance or show my route, even though the GF2 shows a GPS lock.  If I turn off the phone's bluetooth and force the GF2 to make its own GPS lock, the distance tracking will work.  It seemed to have started with the last update.

I'm getting tired of havng a half-baked fitness tracker and I'm debating going back to my Fitbit Charge HR.

Edit 8/15:

Well AT&T pushed out an update to my S7 Edge that apparently fixed this issue.  So looks like it wasn't the band but the phone.

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

The similar issues for me. I updated my gear fit2 to the recent software, then  begun to run coulpe of times by the same distance and got GPS map absolutely right. Afterwards without any software updates I connected bluetooth headphones to listen the music and next several days gear fit2 did not track the GPS map while music is playing through the bluetooth channel. I used the same running track and GPS signal should be fine. My conclusions that the GPS and bluetooth began somehow conflicts with each others and now I cannot get music and proper GPS map again. Wish devs will fix this ASAP =(

Constellation

I have the same issue. I have just updated my software and now it's does not track via GPS any more so no map or average pace displayed... it use to work 100%

Constellation

I have the same issue. I have just updated my software and now it's does not track via GPS any more so no map or average pace displayed I am unable to export the file GPX .. it use to work 100%

Highlighted
Constellation

Here is another "me too" post, all happened since the latest update.  I use the GPS for cycling and one day it refused to keep working, 40 min ride and I noticed it said 0 miles.  I shut it down and restarted and it worked for one leg, when I took a break it seemed to stop the exercise without me noticing, then it turned on auto cycling which is useless to me because no GPS :-(.

Today steps didn't work, I factory reset it that didn't fix it (I went for that thinking it might help the GPS issue), but shutdown/restart and steps are working again, so 4pm and only 292 steps.  Frustruating, the data motivates me!

Outside of the floors thing going nutso when I first bought this thing, its been a pretty good with my routes I post to strava (via S. Health).