Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

Asteroid

Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

After updating to the Wear app on my phone , my gear s3 frontier can't even hold charge for 12 hours!

very annoying! 

My galaxy wearable app version is 2.2.21.108080361

and my gear s plugin is 2.2.03.18083051

Anybody else having the same issue?

109 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

Can I have your full model code? Have you restarted the device since the update?

Constellation

I am having the same issue, I cannot even make it a full day at work without my battery dying. This has happened several times in the year and a half that I have had my watch and it always takes Samsung way too long to send out an update. At this point I'm about ready to jump ship since my S8+ has similar issues with the battery draining way too fast. 

Astronaut

Same here please help 

Constellation

Yes i am facing the same issue right now on my gear s3 frontier... 10 to 15 percent batt drain in 1 hour.

Samsung Moderator

We are aware of a limited number of reports about our Gear S3 watches experiencing shortened battery life and will be releasing an update in the coming weeks to address this issue.

Constellation

We should not have to wait a couple of weeks to have this issue fixed. 

Constellation

Waiting a couple of weeks to use a device that we have paid hundreds of dollars for is unacceptable.  Before Samsung sends out any update they need to perform more rigorous testing of the update to determine what the effects of the update will be and if it essentially bricks the device such as this update does... DO NOT PUBLISH IT!!!  

Asteroid

Yes I have restarted and did a reset too. Didn't help. Model number is sm-r760

Astronaut

Limited reports?? People have been reporting excessive battery drain for over a year now. Tizen 3.0.0.1 was supposed to fix the issue, nope. Tizen 3.0.0.2 released and still the same battery drain and the issue with charging past 92% is still not solved.

Yes I done a full factory reset of the Gear S3 and even the phone. Fresh - Fresh. Used to get 60% - 50% usage rate a day between charges, now I am at 30% or lower when it hits the charger 24hrs later.