Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

Astronaut

Re: Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

Same here, update didn't improve anything. So dissapointed with Samsung...

Asteroid

New update out week of nov 25th 2018; 10.78mb update.

After 2 service requests and repairs. New battery, new charging plate (back of the watch) and some part I have no idea what it is (per the sheet I received when I got it back) and the latest update it's all OK. I still believe the new update helped a lot; I tried it for a day before I took the update and still had issues with it draining, after the update all seems fine. All Wednesday and Thurs without having to recharge and that's with GPS, nfc, health, Bluetooth and the works active.

Very nice. NOW, hopefully samsung does a little better job at checking software releases before unleashing them to them to the world. 

Constellation

Hi,

My Gear s3 went from 75% charge to 2% overnight. About 9 hours. Noticed the charge has been dropping faster for a few weeks. Watch is about to come out of warranty so keen to resolve the issue. 

Constellation

I still haven't received the update yet, I keep checking manually as well as automatic updates, still has the old version. Updated and reinstalled galaxy plugin app, reset the watch, still no luck. Samsung is really starting to lose my trust. This is pretty ridiculous if you ask me  

Astronaut

I watched all the youtubes on how awesome the Samsung S3 Watch was... my wife bought one for my birthday last week... I’m taking it back and sticking to my Apple Watch. The battery wouldn’t last a day!? Come on Samsung!!!! 

(I updated the watch and even resorted to turning all the features off to get a full day out of a charge)

Constellation

Hopeless Gear S3. I had a lot of hopes before buying it. in 2 hrs my battery came from 100% to 69%. I have disabled GPS, NFC, WIFI, decreased brightness to 3. I have reset it and did setup but issue is same. If the watch does not even last for 1 day then better to go to Iwatch & Iphone. 

Efe
Cosmic Ray

They are unable to fix this battery issue since 2016. Sell your Gear s3 watch.

Constellation

My battery drains at a rate of 1% per minute. I finally gave up and purchased an Apple Watch Series 4. Best decision I ever made.  I'm completely done with all Samsung Accessories and products. After my Note 8 is retired, I'm gonna stick with the Apple ecosystem.  What a waste of money this whole Gear S3 experience has been.

Asteroid

Question for you: how can you use an Apple Watch Series 4 with a Samsung Note 8?

I tought that Apple watches did not pair with Android devices.

thanks

Constellation

Re: Gear s3 extreme battery drain!

Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem. I only use my watch for gym/workout purposes. I just took my watch off the charger worked out for an hour and a half and my watch is dead.