Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

Constellation

Re: Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

This watch is complete trash. This experience of the battery draining before I even eat breakfast (4 hours after putting on wrist) ridiculous. Samsung does not give a freak and I'll go as far as to say their updates are malware forcing us to go out and get the new gear watch similar to what iPhone does...

Constellation

Having the same issue. For me, this seems to be related to the iOS Galaxy Watch app update. Since the update I'm lucky to get 6 hours of use from the watch (always on display). When I pair the watch to my Android phone I'll get closer to 20 hours - not ideal but at least usable. Linking it back to my iPhone, reinstalling all software still results in no more than 6 hours use. Really bad product Samsung!

Constellation

I have the same issue.  Battery drain is a real issue for me right now.  is this a ploy by Samsung to get users of the S3 Gear to upgrade to the Samsung Watch?   I tell you this, if this isnt fixed then I'm done with the Smarthwatch.

@userR77QnjQH86 wrote:

This watch is complete trash. This experience of the battery draining before I even eat breakfast (4 hours after putting on wrist) ridiculous. Samsung does not give a freak and I'll go as far as to say their updates are malware forcing us to go out and get the new gear watch similar to what iPhone does...

For me it all started once they upraged 

Constellation

I am experiencing the same issues with regards to my S3 Frontier.  It had a full charge last night when I put it on prior to going to bed and when I woke up the battery was below 50%.  This is ridiculous I used to get 2 - 2.5 days of wear time on a charge and now I can't make it through 12 hours without the watch yelling at me that it needs a charge.  What good is a smartwatch if you can't wear it and it has to stay on the charger the whole time.  

Astronaut

I have the same problem. I am using the Gear S3 Frontier with current firmware with my iPhoneX with IOS12 and current Galaxy Watch app. The battery lasts with "Always on Display" only 5h.  Without "Always on" max. 12h. Do I now have to strap on the charging pad and battery? Samsung this is not your serious! So you can throw the watch directly into the trash.

Astronaut

Same here! Extreme battery drain! In the morning 100%, after 4 hours 4%!!! energy - no always on screen enabled. After Tizen 3.0 and laters updates, u - Samsung - made this watch a piece of junk!

Constellation

Yes, battery uses about 15-20% per hour. 

Asteroid

Gear s3 is only lasting 8 hours. I have tried all the fixes and nothing works. My gear s3 has been nothing but problems and customer support isess than useless. Last Samsung product I will ever buy. I'm just glad I found out the truth about Samsung before I bought $10k worth of new appliances. 

Sorry Samsung. You should have stolen more from Apple. My wife doesn't have these issues with her Apple watch.

I can't wait to trash this whole Samsung mess and go back to Motorola and fitbit.

Astronaut

Mine just went from 47% to 15% over the course of 2 hours. Claiming Notifications used 47% of my power when I only got a SINGLE text during this time.  My Galaxy S7 phone is having battery drain issues itself, lasting up to 8 hours before needing a charge. Not good.

Also using Gear S3 Classic SM-R770.

update: in the 5 minutes it took to type this after a restart, the battery has dropped an additional 3%

Astronaut

I have same issue. But it seems to me that drain is caused by connection between phone and the watch. As soon as I severe the connection, watch battery performance is much higher.