Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

Constellation

Re: Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

[ Edited ]

Same situation here, all of a sudden after one gear update battery drained in less than 4 hours (from 3 days of normal life). Reset and reboot did not help. I did noticed that it only happened upon opening the health application to look at my sleep time.

Samsung Gear 2.2.21.18080361

S plugin 2.2.03.18083041N

Acces 3.1.91.80828

Constellation

Same. Went from having 3 days or more of battery usage and yesterday morning I took it off the charger at 100% and it was dead 5 hours later. And I have now had my watch off the charger for 1 hour and it's down to 79%. Battery saver did help yesterday.

Constellation

the same thing happened to me. All of the sudden I am barely getting through a full day. Last week I was getting 3 days

Constellation

I am having the same issues starting two days ago. I charge my watch and it is dead less than 12 hours later. Even on battery saving mode, it drains about 1% every 3 minutes. I have no additional software or watch faces installed and do even tried a factory reset with no success. Any suggestions?

Constellation

I just bought my gear s3 about 5 days ago and it never held a charge longer than 8 hrs even on power saving mode. Please help. 

Constellation

Same here ! Everything has been fine for months ....2-3 days with out any issue. I on bluetooth during the night to monitor my sleep and on 4G LTE during the day at work since I leave my phone in the office and I am outside all day. All of the sudden ( Last few days ) I goto bed at 100% and wake up to the battery at 56-58%. Keep in min I have Heart rate montior turned off....I have DND turned on while I sleep...and I have the bezel wake up disabled so the screen wont come one while I sleep. So the sceen is never on and the Gear S3 Frontier is bascially in sleepmode and still burns through half the battery over night. Prior to this happening over the last few days, I would wakup to the battery being at 92-95% so something has changed and I have no idea what it is. PLEASE HELP 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Same issue just happen to me Monday.  Great battery performance.  Nothing added to the watch, but drains crazy fast.  The threads are now filling very quickly with people having the saem problem that just happend within the past few days.  Something must have happened in the background to trigger so many people to start haiving the problem.  For me, thye battery monitor said my notifications what over 30% of the usage, even when in DND mode.  It also definately drains fastest when conected to my phone and I would swear, my phone is draining fastest while connected to the watch.

This needs to be addressed!!

Update.  I just looked at my Note 8 Battery usage for today and the Galaxy Wearable App has used 30% of my battery since this morning and I only opened it once today!!!  The Gear and Phone together are killing both phone and watch battery.   The phone app was updated in August.  Did it mess things up??????

Astronaut

My Gear S3 Frontier apparently automatically updated early Monday morning and now it drains the battery at about 15% an hour if it I turn off all connections.  I was forced to choose between Samsung and Apple a couple of months ago when I had to reluctantly give up my Windows 10 Phone.  I can't stand Apple so went with Samsung and now this.  A $300 watch that won't make it through a full day at work.  What a waste, I never had these kinds of problems with Microsoft hardware.  Get it together Samsung and send out an update to fix your last update that seems to be destroying every watch that gets the update.

Constellation

I turned off NFC and wifi on mine today and it seems to have helped tremendously.  Seems like I saw a recent Samsung Pay upgrade and I wonder if NFC is now draining the battery.  Time will tell.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Same issue here since yesterday! relief to see more people having the same issue but still a bummer. Please fix this quickly!

Btw: turning wifi did make a slight difference. NFC was already off so can't say it does something. Haven't noticed this issue draining my phone battery more.