Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

Constellation

Re: Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

Please help fix this.  I used to charging once a day.  Fully charged. Put watch on at 4:30AM.  Is 7:45AM and at 20%.  It will not make it another hour.  REALLY   Help!!

BS.   May go with another brand and will reasearch.  Mainyl use for underarmour app. .  Read a text every other day or so. My phone is at my hip so use it all day every day.

Constellation

Same issue, all of a sudden the watch developed a MASSIVE battery drain.

Asteroid

And another fed up Gear S3 user here, the speed that the battery drains renders the watch virtually useless.

Noticed my battery had dropped about 80% overnight Monday, usually overnight it barely drains at all (I don't wear it in bed) charged it up and it had lost most of the battery by around lunchtime. Charged it again, this morning I find it completely flat. 

I think mine is still under warranty, it may be going back to Samsung if this nonsense keeps up. 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

One of the fed up Gear S3 user here, the speed that the battery drains is extremely fast!

Charged my watch 100% in the morning! And it sudden turns off around 4pm when i needed it. Rarely use the watch to read emails or anything because i have my phone beside me! It wasnt like this few weeks ago!

I will really do a bad review on youtube about it, which its very annoying and it wasnt the 1st time such inccident happen to my gear s3. The watch is promoted as you can use for alot features with a very good battery life. And samsung had fail at what u promise your customer.

And please stop teaching ur customer to close what apps, close what notification or put your watch to sleep when you not using it. This is not the way u promote your smart watch! And what for we get a smart watch compare a normal watch? Since it cant last a full day at all.

This doesnt make sense!

Constellation

It also happened to me these past few days. In 2h the battery goes from 100% to 15%.

When I first bought my Gear 3 Classic the battery would last the whole day but for some unknown reason Samsung came up with an update that affect the battery big time. Its hard to understand why they can solve this issue once and for all.

Constellation

Another Gear S3 Frontier owner here with the same exact problem. Normal 2-3 day usage all last week and prior, went to bed on Sunday night (I sleep with it on for sleep tracking) and woke up to it completely dead. Never happened before Moday morning ever, and now has happened 3 nights in a row. Samsung has done something to make us all have the same issue - do they even test releases prior to forcing updates across the userbase? This is a bit rediculous for a watch I literally bought less than a month ago.

Constellation

Had my s3 Frontier for about 6 months now, prior to Sunday night I would get 3-4 days out of a charge. Since Sunday i am getting at best 3-4 hours.... screen is not set to always on, minimal apps and notifications running. Took it back to Best Buy yesterday (product replacement plan) and the brand new one is doing the same thing!

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I have owned my S3 for almost a year and it has worked flawlessly until a couple of days ago. I used to be able to use 'always on' and still be at 55-60% battery after getting home from work. NOW... I am at less than 10% after an hour. I have had to turn off 'always on', which seems to have returned the battery to normal usage (1-2% an hour). For example, this morning I had it in 'always on' mode and it dropped to 66% in just over half an hour. I then turned off 'always on' and it has been at 66% for the past hour. Something changed... and I haven't updated/added any apps.

Asteroid

Everyone having this problem call the 800 number for a support ticket.

Constellation

What's the 800 number? About to just go exchange for the Galaxy watch....