Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

Astronaut

Re: Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

It's been a couple of weeks - is there an update?  I have a few days left in my return window and need a fix ASAP

Constellation

FYI, I just tried a fix and it seemed to work for me, dramatically improving the battery decline problem. Go into the samsung health settings and turn OFF the workout detection option. Hard Reboot. This immediately fixed the problem for me, but I will keep an eye on it through the next several days to see if the problem is truly fixed long-term. I will update this thread if anything unexpected occurs.

Constellation

Ok, but the watches are supposed to give a good battery life 2 days with all these options.. whats the point of switching off usefull features to prolong the battery life.
Constellation

I was just chatting with support and it was not a positive experience.

Was asked if I did a software troubleshoot (?) or if I did a factory reset.

I told the chat person I did the reset. 

I did not get any other messages from support and I even attempted to ask two more questions, they both went unanswered. 

I do regret buying the Samsung Gear 3 Classic. Way too many issues with the watch and there is no clarification from Samsung about what is going on. Moving forward I will stay with a watch the has Android Wear.

Constellation

Ugh Samsung please fix. Like everyone else my watch was working great until Monday morning. I've tried rebooting it and everything and it lasted from 900am to 1200pm today. 3 hours!!!! This is crazy. 

Constellation

Same thing started with my s3 frontier, was lasting two days easy now dies within a few hours rendering the watch useless! Please sort it Samsung asap.

Not applicable

I have the same issue, it is started week ago, watches are losing around 80% of battery during the night , and disabled, setting are default, there are no any custom applications installed. I have noticed that phone also losing the battery together with watch com.samsung.accessory.framework takes around 20% of phone battery every time gear losing all battery Samsung support - I do not believe it is related to custom apps etc, it started with most recent update on gear
Asteroid

Same issue happened to many of us using the Gear Sport. Reposting my findings from the other thread.

After 2 days of fiddling around, here are some facts I have established:

1. Fast battery drain happens both during night and day.

2. In the Gear Wearable app, the top battery consumer was Samsung Health.

3. On the phone, com.Samsung.accessory.service had abnormally high battery usage.

4. Gear S plug-in was recently updated on Google Play a couple of days ago.

5. [Almost certain] This issue is happening only to users with Android phones. Did not hear of this problem with 2 others with Gear S3 paired with iPhones.

Resolution:

After uninstalling the Gear S plug-in, side loading the older version, having to reset the watch and reinstall everything, battery drain is now better. 4% drop after 2 hours.

Do backup the watch settings before doing this.

Apk below:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/gear-s-plugin/gear-s-plugin-2-2-03-18071151...

Hope this helps. 
Astronaut

Same problem here. I've had the s3 frontier for about 8 months now and it just started doing this last week. Trying to train for my first marathon, so it's really disappointing when I wake up at 4 am to run and my watch died overnight. Samsung. Please fix this asap!!! Thanks.

Constellation

Another chat experience with support going nowhere. 

You are now connected to Live Support. I would be glad to help you in

6:31 AM

Battery issues of the phone*

6:31 AM

6:32 AM

Me - Support, do you have any idea on what is going on with the battery drainage with the Samsung Gear 3? Many people on the community forum have been experiencing issues with the battery since Monday.

6:33 AM

Me - In 1h my watch battery went from 100% to 40% and it will get down to 15% in another hour. I already resettled the watch twice and the problem still persists.

Support - Thank you for bringing this to our notice.

6:34 AM

Support - I appreciate your efforts working on the issue fix.

Support - Did you update the watch software recently?

6:36 AM

Me - Not really. I haven’t done anything with it. Just normal usage like I do every day. It started on Monday just like with a lot of people who reported the same issue on the community forum

Support - I understand your concern.

6:37 AM

Support - Not to worry, let us try to isolate the issue performing some basic troubleshooting steps.

6:37 AM

6:39 AM

Me - Please have your support team look at https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/wearabletech/page/2/thread-i...

Me - They will see what people have been experiencing lately.

Me - What are the troubleshooting steps?

Support - Sure, we will escalate the issue to our higher level team.

6:40 AM

Support - Thank you for bringing this to our notice.

6:40 AM

Support - Please check with the following troubleshooting steps and monitor the watch at least an hour.

6:42 AM

Support - Check for software updates to enhance the watch's performance, improve software features and security protection.

Support -  Close unnecessary apps.

Support - Deactivate the Bluetooth feature when not in use. Deactivate the Wi-Fi feature when not in use.

6:43 AM

6:47 AM

Me - Hi Support, All these steps you mentioned I have done it with the exception of the Bluetooth which, honestly, never really affected the battery drainage before. For me, the problem relies on the OS or Firmware of the watch. As I mentioned before, I did not change the way I use my watch. When I did the two factory reset, the only thing that I restored was my face watch which is nothing fancy. It’s a simple design with no animation

6:57 AM

Me – Hello?

Have not received a response from support since 6:47 AM.