Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

Constellation

Re: Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

This is crazy, fix this now!!!

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Has there been a fix to this. My watch is completely dead again, two days in a row. 

Constellation

This problem just started to affect my S3 classic. Can't even get a full day of battery since the most recent update. 

Constellation

Same thing is happening for me.  Started yesterday with 100% and by mid afternoon it was down to 15%! 

Constellation

I have a Gear S3 Frontier and noticed the extreme battery drain.  I wear my watch to sleep at 100% to take advantage of sleep tracking but by the morning, it is already at 20%.  I noticed that the watch keeps telling me I lost BT connection with my phone a lot more lately.  Please fix asap, I can't even wear it during the day.

Astronaut

Responding as well so that Samsung is aware how many people are affected. I have had this battery drain issue for a few days now. Dropping 70% overnight. 

Model Number: SM-R770

Model Tizen Version 3.0.0.2

Software Version: R770XXU2CRH1

Constellation

This is really frustrating, Samsung should atleast let us know what is causing this battery drain. My Samsung Gear S3 only lasts about 8 hours after a full charge. What is going on? I used to be able to charge once every 2 days!

Constellation

I have had this battery drain issue for a few days now. Watch goes from 100% to off in 5 hours or less. Gear app on phone shows 28% battery usage from Samsung Health, 9% from Notifications, 2% from Settings, and everything else is 1%.

Usually a restart of the watch solves the issues but not this time.

I also verified that "About Gear" -> "Report diagnosis and usage data" and "About Gear" -> "Debugging" are disabled (read somewhere else that helped). 

And since the past few day I have been working at my desk for 8 or more hours per day, sadly no dynamic workouts going on for the watch or Samsung Health to detect.

Model Number: SM-R760
Model Tizen Version 3.0.0.2
Software Version: R760XXU2CRH1

Constellation

Same issue here. Reset the watch hoping that would fix it and nothing 12% in less than an hour. I was getting over 2 days previously. Roll back the builds or do something. I'm under one year with this so I may send back if this goes on for a few more days.

Constellation

I'm with the rest of you.  Everything changed Monday. 

I just got done with a chat with "tech support" and they basically told me I needed to send in the watch so they could make sure it wasn't a hardware issue.  I sent the link to this form and told them that either all their hardware (from many watches purchased at different times and in different countries) all went bad at the same time...or they have a firmware issue.  They again said they couldn't do anything without me sending in the watch!?  

I haven't worn my watch for 3 day (only lasts 4-5 hours) and I will be moving away from Samsung if they didn't at least admit they have a problem or say they were trying to fix it.  Funny that one of their moderators responded on page 1...but nothing on the pages since.  Time to by a different company's watch...and phone...and TV....and printer...and monitor...