Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

Constellation

Re: Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

After a few hours I was back to having the battery drain rapidly.   I'm pretty much keeping mine in airplane mode most of the time which isn't very useful.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

been experiencing issues with my Gear S3 Frontier for about the last month or 2.

went through "Support Chat" this morning.

advised to reset watch. - Done

took photo of watch @ 9:00 AM with 72%.

at time of writing 10:17 AM 66%

approx drain of 6%.

Edit:

waiting on new WearOS watches based on 3100 chip, as soon as they come out Gear S3 goes.

Astronaut

I have the same software, with a gear 3 frontier and a Samsung S7 (SM G930V). Updated on 9/13/18.

Battery drain on both devices is severe, less than 6 hrs on a full charge.

Astronaut

Same problem here, very fast battery drain since approximately 1-2 weeks. Won't even last half a day. Tried resetting both all Gear apps on my phone as well as factory settings of Gear S3 watch, didn't help.

Please advise, below are all software versions of apps and watch.

Gear App:

Samsung Gear 2.2.21.18080361

Gear S Plugin 2.2.03.18083041N

Samsung Accessory Service 3.1.91.80828

Gear S 3 Classic (SM-R770):

Tizen 3.0.0.2

Software R770XXU2CRH1

Knox:

Knox 2.2.0, SE for Tizen 1.0.0, TIMA 3.0.0

Constellation

So two days ago my battery drained after a full charge in 8 hours! Been wearing the watch for 15 months with 3 days of use without charging. I've deleted all apps, watch faces, turned off Samsung Health and still it drained. I charged it to 80% at my office that morning, and it looked like it was back to normal showing 2d 15 hours left on the battery, but at night I took the watch off left it by my bedside I woke up 6 hours later it went from 70% to 13% whilst even in DND mode from 10pm to 6am. I'm now hoping that its either the DND causing the drain or something happens when you take the watch off, i.e. the notification option not to show notifications when the watch isn't being worn? I'm trying the lot but this battery drain occured 3 weeks after I downloaded the update. 

Constellation

Logging in on my Samsung account seams to have doing the trick for me. I´ve a Classic and a Frontier that both had the problem starting this Monday. After logging in to my Samsung acount and approve the agriments again all is back to normal again on both watches. Hope this can be a help for you to.

Astronaut

Same issue here. Started a couple of days ago.  Restart/reboot don't help...

Constellation

Same problem with my frontier, installed the old version of S-health now it drains only 7% in 9 hours.

Constellation

Sorry 😊 7% in 12 hours.
Constellation

New health update seems to have fixed everything up