Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

Constellation

Re: Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

Hi,

for my Gear Sport, the battery drain problem seems to be "solved" by disabeling the "Report diagnostic and usage info". The last few days, it could not hold it's charge during the night. Last night (with Report diagnostic and usage info disabled) it only lost 5% charge. Smiley Very Happy

Cheers, Henk

Asteroid

Hi help with your battery drain. Go to your phone settings go down to apps and then down to gear s plugin click on storage and clear data that will help you. A. Harvey
Constellation

Another user suggested I try and update the Gear S Plug in to version number 

2.2.03.18101561 does anyone know what this will do.  There is an apk download link. Is this a new update or will this roll it back to a previous version?

Thanks..

Kain

Constellation

I had the same issue, all of a sudden my watch would die before lunch.  I resolved it by disabling:

Samsung Health -->  Settings -->  Workout Detection -->  Healthy Pace -->  Auto Locate "off"

See if this does the trick.

RTR - Sammy

Constellation

I like everyone else I am experiencing the same issue and have been now for a few weeks. I will place it on the charger at night, get to 100%, as soon as I take it off the cradle it shows 97% and will be dead before I even make it to work (about 50 minutes) this is without disabling anything. I put it on power saving mode and it still drops and will die before I get home in the evening. I can not uninstall the Samsung Health app, I have also tried turning off the diagnostic reporting, with the same result. I used to work directly with Samsung on their tablet division updating the firmware machines to assist with updates. I can tell you that this is of course as we all suspect a firmware issue. I am surprised that Samsung has not been persistent in getting this issue resolved by now. If anything they could push the previous update out till they can wrap their heads around the issue. Also another note is I had about 50% left, and turned off power saving mode, it dropped like another 15% in like 5 mintes. I tried to turn on watch mode only and the watch just completely died and will not turn back on at all. If I hold down the power button it says rebooting, then attempts to load but the battery is already dead and will just turn back off again. This is getting pretty ridiculous from Samsung to not get a resolution, most likely so everyone will go get their new watch now, kind of pathetic if you ask me.

Constellation

Same problem here.  I bought my S3 Classic in June and I had no battery problems until a couple months ago and now my gear doesn't last any more than 5 hours.  Samsung, this sounds like a widespread problem.  What is the fix?

Astronaut

I have the same issue (Sweden). Remove the watch from charger with 100% battery when going to sleep. Wake up 6-7 hours later and the battery is completely drained.

This morning it used 13% of battery in 20 minutes and I was not even wearing the thing! Using Gear S3 with iPhone 7.

AOD off, all Samsung Health options turned off, reset done several times.. 

Constellation

Mine has been doing this as well but it is only my Gear S3 Frontier that has the battery drain issues getting less than 12 hours, my Gear S3 Classic is still getting about 3 days out of a charge and it has the same updates as the Frontier.

Watch always on function is not turned on, WiFi is on auto, it is always bluetooth does't have its own number, and everything else as far as settings goes are just as they were when first set up with only 7 apps set up for notifications. This is set for both watches.

After sending my Frontier to Samsung to have the battery replaced and getting it back with the same results as when I sent it to them I contacted them again and the guy I spoke with admitted that they know about the "faulty update and how it drains the battery" but stated that Samsung only sends out updates 3 to 6 weeks after the previous update even if there is a huge fault in the previous update that won't speed them up.

So in short this seems to be only affecting the Gear S3 Frontier watches and even reading most of the posts that seems to be the only watch I see that others are saying they are having an issue with, I haven't seen one person say it is an issue with their Classic.

Constellation

When will they be releasing it? TY

Asteroid

Same here. Had the issue happen right after an overnight software update. I finally activated the automatic updates and then WAM! Went through the whole reset 50 times, uninstalled the gear app, all settings disabled, battery saver mode and the works. Sent out for warranty repair where they replaced the battery and "updated software"; same results when I received it back. Again reset, stock apps only, no restore with the same outcome. Pretty bummed, I got a kick out of making jokes about my buddy's apple watch cause he barely gets a day, I can barely get half a day or so. So enthused here. 

Upon further inspection (I hope I'm wrong) it doesn't even look like the watch was opened though. I cleaned it before it was shipped out and the screws and holes on the back had a little buildup on them which I wasn't really able to clean out and it doesn't even look like a screw driver had been in there. Like I said I hope I'm wrong.