JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch 46mm wake-up gesture not working

(Topic created: 08-27-2018 12:18 PM)
userkBFDq3UShG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased a new Galaxy Watch 46mm and everything is working good except for the wake-up gesture. It probably seems like 1/30 times I can get it to wake up, otherwise not. I looked in the settings and the wake-up gesture is enabled and I tested turning the option off then back on, but no luck.

How can I fix this??

JUMP TO SOLUTION
189 Replies
AllanPen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Galaxy worked fine then today it didn't. I always put it in "Power saving" through the night and after turning PS off it didn't react to wake up. So I turned on PS again and back and now it works; go figure.

0 Likes
userHU6OgnWjlt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you!  Your solution worked perfectly!

0 Likes
user5POWU8iNJC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Spot on. Well done 👍

It's goodnight mode that kills the wake up gesture. Thanks

0 Likes
userFK2prqX76i
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had a similar problem. Turning off Good Night Mode brought back arm gesture!
0 Likes
userNQmJgezTDh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Did that solved your problem ? Because i am still experiencing the same problem with my watch as well !

0 Likes
usertmM1PYkI2R
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the same problem. Fixed with a restart. I agree sounds like software glitch.

0 Likes
useramrMpkMw1h
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought the watch a couple of days ago and is experiencing problems with the wake up gesture as well as the notifications diaconecting to easy from the Watch honestly to much trouble with this watch..... what’s going on? How can you sell things that don’t work Samsung?? Just switched from apple and you are making me regret my choice just a week into the switch..... 

0 Likes
usero2HuokcBza
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

True! I agree totally...bought it 3 days ago from the store after waiting 19 days from the samsungshop for delievey by the post. No watch... and swithed from Iphone...not pleased at all. And the support is worhtless her in Sweden. Here the law says you can reture it if not pleased in 14 days. Good luck

0 Likes
user4gznuvIXIH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same thing is happening to me. I went to settings and installed the available update, then resetted the watch. But the wake up gesture still didn't work. After testing a few things... I noticed the wake up gesture works with the default watch face. Hummm... strange, because it didn't work with the custom watch face I seleted. As for now that's my workaround. I wonder which watch face are you using?

0 Likes
userXnG0DHQTSw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I too am having the same issue with my 42mm Galaxy Watch. I tried all the suggestions and still does not come on unless I push one of the buttons or move the bezel. This is a critical feature to have!! I hope it will be fixed....