New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

Cosmic Ray

Re: New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

Thank you for the first real answer I got from Samsung. What specific software version is it? How can I check if my watch does not have a hardware issue?

Thank you.

Asteroid

So, even the brand new flagship watch has this issue, bit embarrassing...

BTW, myself and many others have the Frontier edition and have suffered with this issue since a Tizen 'upgrade' a few weeks back, all I keep hearing is it will be fixed in a software update, I have pretty much given up. None of the frankly ludicrous temporary  fixes suggested by the mod in here work, I have heard of many having to return their watch for a new board because of this issue so don't hold your breath expecting a software update to fix this.

Of course, I'll be happy if I'm wrong...

Constellation

I finally returned mine and they said it was a faulty board?  I hope it fixes it.  Ill keep you informed.

Cosmic Ray

Shame on Samsung! You released a brand new device that doesn't work and you have not come up with a solution to fix it? But you took our money .... Right? Ok. My device is going back!

Constellation

[ Edited ]

@SamsungLarry wrote:

The pedometer and heart rate sensor may not work properly on some watches with a specific software version. The issue will be resolved by a software update. For a temporary solution, reboot the watch when the problem is detected, and then disable the Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine setting. (The menu options may vary by the watch.)

as with others...this did not work.

for those that seem to have it working, can you let us know what version of Tizen you are running and anything else that might help us to diagnose what the issue is (lets at least try to help Samsung out a little...)

here is mine...  for reference, i pre-ordered and received last Thursday

Tizen: 4.0.0.0

SW Ver:  R800XXU1BRH3 

Knox: 2.3.0

SE For Tizen 2.0.0

TIMA 3.0.0

Cosmic Ray

Do not know if it has any significance... But my watch counts steps when in power save mode. Don't know why but I discovered it by accident. I hope this is helpful.

Constellation

Bought my Galaxy watch the weekend it was released, step count has been screwy ever since, sometimes counting too few steps, but mostly not counting them at all.  I have gone back to wearing my FitBit to accurately count steps.

I just had something odd happen that may be noteworthy.  My watch hasn't counted steps in the past 4 hours, but it just disconnected from  Bluetooth to my phone (I walked away from my phone) and it started counting steps.

Would Bluetooth somehow be affecting step counts? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

Cosmic Ray

Thanks for this suggestion but it's not helping. We would like to know when would this update come out.

Just got off the phone with Samsung Customer service and according to them there is no reports that there is anything wrong with the watch. And to get the update or find out when it will come out I would need to call Google to see if there is an update that they will be releasing for the Galaxy Watch.

This watch is definitely going back. Samsung is not responsible for their broken devices.

Constellation

This didn't work for me either, I disabled auto detection for elliptical and rowing machine but my step count is still very inconsistent.

My brand new Galaxy Watch says I have only walked 470 steps ALL DAY, my FitBit says I have walked 4,726.