JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 08-31-2018 08:41 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
446 Replies
travistyofjusti
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Still not working and no update from Samsung... Any updates at all?

0 Likes
userZYximsGbG6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I would like to know if the step count issue has been corrected. I too tried everything and still the count was way off at the end of every day. I did return my watch...I am continuing to use my S3 Frontier which seems to work fine. I wanted the new Galaxy watch as it is waterproof and I want it to use during swimming. If you know of an update to the software is available please confirm....thanking you

0 Likes
userZYximsGbG6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
This is not a good answer for such an expensive smartwatch...."turn this off or that off"...shouldn't everything be working prior to the products going to market...not happy with Samsung right now and I have almost everything made by them....poor customer service.....
0 Likes
userCASzQ85zfT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This didn't work for me either. 

Marumbas
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have galaxy watch 42mm 3 weeks and with latest firmware R810XXU1BRK3 I don't have problems with steps and floor count. I both it in Vilnius, Lithuania.

usermxtjaLlegB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here

ChrisPP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Back after a few weeks, reading back a few pages was hoping for a fix by now...

Oh well 😞

Tperez225
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Is the moderator even still on??  I've not seen any updates or suggestions on how to fix this problem in a while.

I wore my new Galaxy watch and my old self today.  My watch started with a few hundred steps and I put the S3 ok.

The Galaxy watch had 2099 steps while the S3 had 5027 - that is a ridiculous disparity.

userS6BKyxK190
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I did a 3 hour cardio class, watch counted 1k steps.  Looking for a fix because watch is perfect besides step count and HR monitor for cardio 

usermxtjaLlegB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am also experiencing the same issue, i have even tried rebooting the watch but it doesnt fix the counter. PLEASE HELP