New Galaxy watch not working with Samsung pay

Highlighted
Constellation

New Galaxy watch not working with Samsung pay

[ Edited ]

I went to use my Samsung pay on my new Galaxy watch at the grocery store and the card reader would not recognize my watch. I had to use my Phone to finalize my payment. Tried the watch at another store and had the same issue. I did not have this issue with my gear S3 watch at either of these stores. Is anyone having this issue and how to fix it. I called tech support and got nowhere. 

3 REPLIES
Asteroid

Re: New Galaxy watch not working with Samsung pay

It is because someone at Samsung changed the technology on the Galaxy Watch. 

The gear s3 has NFC and MST technology to use for Samsung pay. The MST is the magnetic strip coil that makes it so Samsung works at almost every credit card terminal and iPhone does not. BUT now Samsung has removed the MST technology from the new watch making it as bad as an apple pay product with NFC only. Just return the watch.

I had mine for 14 hours when I figured it out. I didn't even go home went straight to store to return the watch. 

Astronaut

I had the same exact experience today. My gear S3 worked fine but my Galaxy watch did not work so I had to finish with my phone. I really hope the other comment about changing the technology isn't true

Constellation

This is definatly true, Samsung did not keep MST with the galaxy watch, NFC only