New Update has major bugs 4-6-18

Constellation

New Update has major bugs 4-6-18

My latest update to my Samsung Gear S Frontier happened last Sunday on May 6th. And ever since then when I would try to use my gesture to look at the time, the music/ media player will pop up. I don't know why the app will open, or the fact that when I would resort in manual force stop to the app, random apps will happen to open up by itself. I have done a master reset to my watch and went as far as uninstalling the app from my phone. Hoping that it will work. It did not! I have done it three times and still the issue comes back. The watch still works very well, it is just the latest software update that is giving me so much issues! I hope this can be fix ASAP, because I really do love this watch. Please fix this problem! Thank you.

22 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: New Update has major bugs 4-6-18

Hi

I have a Gear Sport. Prior to the update, I could dial calls and answer on the watch - this now fails.

Samsung Moderator

userw9W8RYM2co Just a confirming, does the music/media player pop up when using the Gesture feature even if you clear out the recent apps prior to trying?

userqBXD9ZMwRP Have you already tested diconnecting/reconnecting the watch to your phone?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Astronaut

I have this exact same problem, and No the app is not running. This is a problem with the latest update.

Constellation

having the same problem. Just updated last night and ever since the music app pops up on wake gesture. also been having problems when alrm goes off on phone i was able to shut off with gear s3 now its hit and miss

Constellation

and yes i have closed all recent apps multiple times

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hey folks! Thank you all so much for chipping in on this one. 

Since it certainly appears to be the update at fault, there isn't much troubleshooting that can be done. I'm going to instead forward all the information you've given to our engineers so that they can fix this with another update.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Same problem here with the music app, when I make a call on my phone the music app opens up by itself on the watch, I own both the classic and the frontier and it does it on both of the watches when I connect them to my phone, both watches are the LTE version and I'm on the tmobile network.  I tried a factory reset and the problem still persists,I even factory reset my phone and it still does the same thing, my watches was fine up until this last 3.0.0.2 update, please fix this asap, these watches are too expensive to have these bugs, watches was great until these updates

Constellation

Count me in. I have the same issue. 

Constellation

I have had my watch about 2 months and have had issues from about day 3. I took my watch back to verizon and they exchanged it on day 5. Since then i have had to reset the watch about 15 times without having an update. I reset with every update. In the short time i have had it it has been an absolute pain in the butt. I had a gear s2 for a long while and had almost no issues. You say it needs another update to fix issues with an update that just dropped that was suppose to fix issues with an update that came out back before january. I cant imagine how angry the people must be that have had this watch a year or so considering how angry i get with it after only 2 months and on a second replacement. Makes me want to take it back and get that 350 bucks back that i spent on it. Come on Samsung, take care of those of us that take care of you and keep you in business and growing.