Samsung Galaxy Watch - App shortcut Loading

Constellation

Samsung Galaxy Watch - App shortcut Loading

[ Edited ]

I have updated the latest soft on my watch and after that I sow that App shortcut does not respond. I have removed from widgets and then try to add it again but I have this error "Loading...Unable to load data.Tap to retry."
How can I solve this?
I have read the solution about this problem, but I does not tell if is for samsung galaxy watch or GearS3 so I manage to start a new topic.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch - App shortcut Loading

This has also happened to me, I updated my watch tonight and now my app shortcuts don't work, nothing happens when I press on them. Have you found a solution yet?

Constellation

No

Constellation

Same problem with my watch, hope they fix it soon.

Constellation

can you please give us the link for the solution?

Thanks

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem as well. What was the solution for the Gear S3?

EDIT: I just "fixed" it on mine. I removed the app shortcut widget. then I tried adding it back on. At this point the app shortcut screen kept alternating between "Loading..." and "Unable to retrieve data. Tap to retry." as stated in the OP. After that, I simply turned off and turned on the watch and my app shortcuts widget was back to normal. Everything was reset to the default, so I needed to put my shortcuts back in. But it works now.

For the record, I am using a 42mm non-LTE Galaxy Watch (SM-R810) running Tizen 4.0.0.1

Astronaut

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch - App shortcut Loading [SOLUTION]

I think I've figured out the solution.

It's more a of a workaround.

1. Remove the widget from the page.

2. Restart the watch.

3. Press the lower of the two buttons on the watch (Power button).

4. One by one, open only the apps that you want on the widget and press the home button. Do this for your 6 favorite apps. (Launch Spotify, close it, launch contacts, close it, etc.)

5. Add the widget back and you should have all the recently opened apps on there and the screen is responsive too. Don't try and edit it coz that'll just make the widget unresponsive again.

This, like I said, is a workaround. The latest update I got on Dec 4th, 2018 caused this nuisance.

Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch - App shortcut Loading [SOLUTION]

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same problem with the app shortcut widget. Sorry if this is a dumb question I've only had the watch a couple of days but how do you launch the apps you want as your favourite 6?Contacts, Spotify, Phone etc