Samsung Galaxy Watch Multiple Issues

Astronaut

Samsung Galaxy Watch Multiple Issues

I got a NEW Samsung Galaxy Watch four days ago. Here are the issues so far that I have noticed there might be more..

1. Notifications on watch are delayed. I compare timestamps of emails, text messages on phone vs watch. On watch they are delayed by as much as 3 minutes and sometimes not even being displayed on the watch. 

2. Info on health is not in sync with phone for example in 459 steps watch says 277 calories burned. On phone it says 21 calories burned which is more realistic. There is a big difference in information being sycned betweeb watch and phone. The watch is not tracking calories burned correctly. Even while sitting and doing nothing the watch is displaying I have burned calories I only wish this happened in real Smiley Happy

3. When listening to music stored on my watch it will stop playing. I have to go into the music app press play this is inconvenitient when I am at the gym.

4. Sleep record since I got the watch it says I have never been in deep sleep? does anyone know the what is considered deep sleep and how the watch is measuring this?

I called Samsung support the person I spoke to did not have a clue what he was doing and it was hard to understand him i could tell his native language is not English. He said all the issues above are new I told him have you read the forums and other information on  the web people have been complaining of these issues since the watch was first released and Saumng is simply ignorning these issues.

Watch has the most recent software updates and at lastest Tizen OS.

4 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch Multiple Issues

[ Edited ]

I only say this after reading several threads and noticing possible trends and being an engineer myself it sounds like the watch is putting itself to "sleep" more often then we think. Probably has some stringent criteria built in to turn stuff off unless it "thinks" it's going to be used. In other words Samsung seems to have traded a "longer" battery life over daily functionality to be able to power that screen and all the other fancy bells and whistles that they think people are moreso going to pay attention to. I am on the fence with buying this watch Wear OS has crappy battery life but you don't hear many complaining about HR or steps and heck no to Apple....

Samsung Moderator

What device are you using with your Samsung Galaxy watch?

Really SamsungAdam?! 

Constellation

My comments weren't to figure out if my phone has issues which by the way is an S8 Plus sooo.... and I've had a Samsung since the Note 4. You guys are ignoring or don't know how to fix clear issues with HR and step count. I just pointed out that you might want to consider poor power management or misweighted power management in the Tizen OS or hardware (possibly both)