JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Gear S2 fast battery drain January 2017

(Topic created: 01-20-2017 03:12 PM)
userZ38hlUFMlP
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My Gear S2 (non phone version) has been running with no battery issues where it would last up to 36 hours. Bluetooth active, Sleep as Android etc. I started to get a cache full on my S7 in late January 2017 so I told it to clear cash and it seemed to start the problem. I did have music on my watch and had about 1 gb of memory left.

The battery started to last maybe 5 to 6 hours. I did a full reset/rebuild on the watch and went to base settings but it only added a couple of hours.  

Based on use and past performance I have to believe that it was a recent update to either the watch or phone.  

Please advise as to issue cause and how to restore the watch to it's former battery capacity.

Gear 2 

model SM-R732

Tinzen 2.3.2.1

SoftwareR732XXU2EPK5

Knox 2.0.0

Knox Tinzenwearable 1.0.0

Tima 3.0.0

Galaxy S7  edge

Gear App

Device SM-G935P

Device Name: Gear S2 8CD3

Samsung gear app  - 2.2 16101261

Gear S Plugin - 2.2.03. 16111661

JUMP TO SOLUTION
188 Replies
user6RWInYFnTk
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have had my Gear S2 since December and JUST this weekend it started with the whole battery drain AND the message 'Gear S App Stopped Working' WHAT???? I did nothing.  I was out of town, away from life for the weekend and on my way back to civilization, this started happening and even my PHONE started overheating and battery draining.  WHAT is going ON?

userCoQE2hISIm
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Exactly my issue as well. Gear S2 with Note 3, been using it for more than 1 year without any problem. 2+ days battery life until recently suddenly turn out 5 hours.

S M
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Does anyone know what's going on with this issue? I've had mine for about 3 months and battery drain just started! Not happy 😞

useryE1FWB7z1O
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@usertb6IWYcsr3 wrote:

This is my exact problem too!   

I've had my Gear S2 3G watch for about 9 months...  Never had ANY battery problem with this watch since I've had it....

All of a sudden (within the last week or so), my battery dies so quickly...  I took my watch off the charger at 6AM, and it was 100%.  By 11AM, my watch buzzes, and says 'low battery'.  I'm at 15% in 5 hours...  

I'm reading that people are turning things off, removing their watch face, turning EVERYTHING off, except for BT.  What???  I never had to do that before, and why the hell should I have to do this to use my watch for ONE DAY???  It worked fine before this recent update...  

Is Samsung going to address this issue?    What is the status on this fix???

This is exactly my issue as well...

userwElyKq3X72
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Me too.

Perfect since Christmas 2015.  Now not even five hours

usernuacXDpcKF
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same problem here. I'm anxious to hear the solution. We're waiting SAMSUNG!! 

userWICXhwWi1j
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same problem.  Battery in the last week has started draining super fast - like a few hours. Frustrating! And really disappointing. I have an S6 Edge and am not even running the latest update everyone on an S7 got.....

Please find a solution asap Samsung!

userggWj2jlEkt
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Me too.  Went from 2 days battery life to 4 hours.  Contacts seems to be the offending app-consuming 94+% of battery life according to the listing under 'About Gear'/battery usage since last fully charged.

Seemed to occur after my S7 Edge Android bersion was upgraded by Verizon.

We need a software update.  Essentially makes the watch useless and this is clearly some syncing bug.  Please help!

Katmeatohio
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am having the same issue with the Contacts app draining my S3 battery that is paired to my Verizon S7E.  I have tried everything, factory resetting the watch, clearing cache in both the phone Contacts app and the watch app, and nothing seems to help.

0 Likes
userrrCCRD7Oa0
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello,

It's very long time since you posted. But now I am facing the same problem since I got the watch last month, and I wonder if you manage to find a solution.

My watch usually drains 1-2% per hour with no  presence of contacts in the battery consumption list. However, all of a sudden it starts to drain 12-18% per hour and Contacts appeared at the top of the list with very high consumption, and no way to stop it until it completely drain your battery. The only solution I found is to switch to power saving mode then disconnect the watch before turning OFF power saving mode and return to regular mode (but stay disconnected for least for 2-3 hours before reconnect to the watch again)

I have deleted all contacts from my phone and paired the watch after performing a hard reset. But the issue is still persist.

Note: I can say that in most of time the sudden huge drain and  the appearance of contacts in the consumtcons list is ocuuring after receiving a call.

I have updated my WiFi only watch to the latest firmware, all apps on phone and watch are up-to-date.

0 Likes