Samsung Iconx right ear bud not working properly

Constellation

Samsung Iconx right ear bud not working properly

I bought the Samsung gear iconx in white about 5 months ago and I've had my share of disappointment.

The battery life isn't amazing, I cycle to work and it's a 40 minute journey and that is about the life of the battery. I need to take a charger to work to charge them so that I can listen on the way back which is a pain if I ever forget my charger!

They are quite bulky too and sometimes hurt my ears as I wear a hood under my bike helmet but I have got used to this, although a more ergonomic design would be preferable for future devices. 

Anyway the main problem I'm having is that the right ear bud volume level is so low it's barely audible at all unless I have the volume up full (which is waaaay to loud for my left ear). I've searched all over for a solution to this specific problem with this specific device to no avail. I'm hoping it's a simple reset or software update. Can someone please advise me on this? I'd really rather not have to send them back to Samsung (I bought direct) or worse case scenario bin them and have to buy an alternative from another manufacturer! 

55 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung Iconx right ear bud not working properly

Hello there, @usermHXeVOTMPC. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.
I know that sometimes changing the gels that go in the ear can change up the volume and bass, never mind comfort. Have you tried changing out the gels to a different size? Are both ears using the same size?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Gels? I haven't changed anything since I first used them 5 months ago.
Honored Contributor

Sorry for the confusion there! I meant the gels that go into your ear and onto the buds themselves. The IconX should come with 3 different sizes that can be changed out for your comfort. I've also seen some people state that they had clearer sound, better bass, and even more volume control simply by changing which size they were using as it adjusted the way they sit in the ear. Try changing to a different size to see if that helps any as it might also help them not to hurt your ears.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I don't see how that will solve the problem as the headphones worked perfectly up until a few days ago when this problem started. I made no changes to the way I use themy since I first purchased them so I doubt very much the gels are the problem but I will try, even though I think it's pointless.

Honored Contributor

Let us know if that helps. If that and a soft reset don't fix the volume problem, then you may need to send them in for an exchange.

Constellation

It hasn't worked. I hoped a soft rest would solve e the problem but it's didn't and changing the gels hasn't helped either.  I might need to get an exchange. The items aren't really in new condition, but I've had them less than a year, is it still OK to send them back? If so how do I go about doing that? Does it cosy me anything?  

Constellation

i have my left ear bud not working the right one is but i cant able to use the other one till the left one is working i for got my ear bud in my car left in there and i use it while i was playing they work good but it just stop it said it charging but the left oen in the box chargeing case not truly charging red light keep on blinking the right ear bud works great but littel  dis funcitons because of the right ear bud i did not have them that long i got them at tmobile - for 199 but on sell for 179 i dont have money to replace them so please can you help me out thanks miguel

Constellation

You're not the only one with this problem, I'm also expiring this problem with the left earbud. I don't see how physical damage could do this because it doesn't sound crackling or distorted.

Constellation

I ended up sending mines away for repair as it was within 6 month warranty. Seems to be fine now but unsure how long it will last...