Samsung galaxy watch - weather doesnt update

Constellation

Samsung galaxy watch - weather doesnt update

Hello,
I recenly bought Samsung Galaxy watch and I decided to change default watchface. So I bought one from "Samsung Galaxy apps". I successfully installed this watchface, but it doesnt show the weather (temperature). So, I started investigation where can be the problem. After 3 days I gave it up. I am desperate, and I would like to ask you for help.

Here is what I found out during the investigation... When I set some face, which was defaultly in watch, so weather (temperature) is displayed correctly and updated automatically. But when I switch to face (it doesnt matter which) from Galaxy apps, so weather (temperature) can not be updated (watch face shows still empty space). I set update interval for wether on 60 minutes.

So, the conclusion is: weather (temperature) generaly works, but watch faces from Galaxy apps doesnt.

I also tried to restarted phone and watch, but without success. When I reboot Galaxy watch, so after boot appears this message:
"location is required for wheather data" with options:
"settings" or "dismissed".
I always choose "settings" and check that location is ON with methods: GPS + wireless networks.

Firstly I thought, that there has to be problem with above settings, but how is possible, that default watchface is able to show the updated weather info?

I already dont see the light at the end of tunnelSmiley Sad Could you please provide at least direction how to fix this issue?

Thank you very much for your contribution in advance.

Phone: Huawei P8 Lite
Smartwatch: Samsung galaxy watch (Tizen)

5 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Samsung galaxy watch - weather doesnt update

I have the exact same problem but I'm afraid no solution  

Constellation

I have the same problem with the weather app not updating. I have been trying to fix it for weeeks now and I have followed the same steps as you.

Also, I noticed that the Galaxy Wearable is not updating. Also, it does not carry over my wi-fi setting over to allow y watch to login to my wifi at home after. Once i disconnect from the wifi, I have to reenter the password again for the phone to be connected by wifi. 

These are some of the main issues that cause me to hesitate buying Samsung; they release a product and then they make no real effort to fix issues.

Constellation

any resolution on this ?? i got a Galaxy, same thing as others....cant believe something so simple doesnt work...

Astronaut

It was working fine and now since recent update it does not work .I have tried resetting it and same thing. The weather app also stop working so I am assuming there is a link 😣 Come on Samsung - fix please .

Asteroid

Today my weather location disappeared and it won't find a new one. It just keeps going back to add location. 🙄