JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung gear s3 and water ?

(Topic created: 06-13-2017 01:47 PM)
userCTalpapTSo
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I want to know if my gear s3 frontier is waterprof ... can i make shower or get into the sea with the watch?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
78 Replies
userCQr6VgnO7g
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same thing happened to me, denied for liquid damage.  The watch has never seen water.  I was a very loyal Samsung customer but they can eat it!  Will be moving on to the pixel for my new phone (was waiting for the Note 9) and obvisously a different watch manufacturer.

By the way my Note 8 crapped out within the first 45 days, so my brand new phone got replaced with a refurbished phone.  Their quality control is terrible.

Scott

0 Likes
userXiljluxeDL
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same here. My S3 Frontier only lasted a year, while only seeing water a few seconds a week to wipe it down, as well as sweat. According to Samsung (and this was after sending in the watch twice, talking to 10 different people over 4 different phone calls, and then finally getting a supervisor), "about one year" in a "moist environment" is within tolerance. This means that the S3 is basically a very expensive disposable smart watch.

I've been a Samsung customer for years, so this is extremely disappointing. I'll be looking into a new phone and TV other than a Samsung later this year, and I will encourage everyone to do the same.

0 Likes
userE7ImjfmRDq
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I had a Note 8 for 3 1/2 years with absolutely no issues. Just upgraded to a Note 10 because it was $300 dollars off.

0 Likes
userMPXquSDpV8
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Spot on.. That's why I wear Fitbit for workout and S3 for normal wearing 

userd7N7bt2VAN
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

They  did the same with me, HOWEVER they gave me another watch with a damaged strap and there isn`t a strap replacement. I hate fitbit!

0 Likes
usermLdWUrzchX
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Call Consumer Protection Agency in your state and file a complaint! I just did! This is the only way to hold Samsung accountable for their products.
usermLdWUrzchX
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Call Consumer Protection Agency in your state and file a complaint! I just did! This is the only way to hold Samsung accountable for their products.

0 Likes
usertha9EH51SV
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I just got off the phone with samsung I had sent my watch in for the third time in 6 months. this time they told me the watch had water damage and there is nothing they are going to do except send the broken usless watch back to me. so I suppose samsung is to big of a company to care about a few people who get a lemon. All they have to do is replace the bad ones. Very bad customer service poicy samsung. Well it is time to move on over to the dark side and replace all my samsung products with apple. 

popijc
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

So I purchased a Samsung G3 Frontier smart watch this past January. I have never had this watch submersed in water. A couple weeks ago I was wearing this watch while I was exercising and I looked down to check my heart rate and noticed that the watch was not displaying my heart rate so I started moving my watch around and noticed something under the watch. I took the watch off and it turns out that the back of the watch had come loose. So I contacted Samsung about a repair and they had me send them a picture and then send the watch in for repair. Well yesterday I get an email stating my watch is out of warranty and I would have to pay $203.55 to have it repaired because it had water damage. What? Oh heck no, that is almost as much as I paid for the watch. Now this was a floor model that I purchased from Best Buy. AS I said I never had this watch in water and this is supposed to be water resistant up to 5 feet. I talked with 3 different people today and one yesterday and the best they could do was offer 30% off the repair. What? Heck no. I did not do anything to this watch to cause this. Was the water damage due to the back coming off and sweat getting in it? I don't know. I understand water damage policy, but I have worn a Fitbit for a year and have never had water damage. This appears to be a poor design that would allow the back of this water to come off. I am very frustrated that Samsung will not do anything to make to this. They are telling me that I am a liar, that I caused the water damage in some way. Wrong. Maybe it's time I stop buying Samsung phones and other products and either switch to Apple or another Android product that has a better design. We have purchased many Samsung phones, tablets, and tv's but it looks like they will be losing a loyal customer after this experience. I will be sure to post bad reviews of the product and their actions every place I can and tell everyone I can.

0 Likes
userY5gmtuYe3u
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I just got off the phone with them and I was told the same BS! My watch has NEVER been anywhere near water (learned my lesson with my last one). They claim there is water damage to the PBA? I explained that it has never been wet but all I got was "Sorry, anything else I can do for you today?"