Step counting on GEAR FIT 2

Constellation

Re: IS SAMSUNG LISTENING HERE!!!!! This is UNACCEPTABLE.

I used to be a Samsung fan but not now after buying 2x ģear fit 2's

They are totally inaccurate I really hate samsung now especially as it doesn't offer a SOLUTION! !!!!!!

Re: Step counting on GEAR FIT 2

So that works on your phone, but how do you do the same (show all steps from phone and gear) on the gear fit 2 itself? During the day, you have some steps recorded on the phone, some on the gear fit 2 and the gear fit 2 only shows the steps that it records!

Constellation

Yep I agree this isn't very good.

Setting up mum's FitBit 2 Pro today, first day she got it, and its been a pain. Firstly wouldn't pair on BT until I changed from English US to Australia.

But the step counter is shockingly bad. Mum's pedometer (a free phone app), which we've determined to be accurate a few ways, gets within 50 steps out over 10,000 in the average day.

The fit bit, a designed exercise monitor, put 151 steps on the counter whilst I set it up.

Unacceptable. To the point I'm considering Amazon's return policy.

Samsung need to fix this.
Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

The complaints are valid. I've changed from a Vivoactive HR to Gear Fit 2, because of good reviews, and me no longer being motivated, to scatter my data across multiple apps. The heart rate and sleep tracker are indeed much more accurate, then the Garmin data, but the step counter counts 3-4x as much, as I'm actually doing.

The only reason I see why this happens, is because I am taller then the average. We don't ask for exact accuracy, but 3-4x over? That's indiscussable. You need to allow users to set up custom stride length, because the current setup ruins the step experience, and the reason why to set up step goals in the first place.

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you!
Constellation

Recommend Samsung to add a variable for auction to stop counting steps while driving in the software. There's can easily be done by the speed that the human body is currently moving by using the GPS signal that is built in. There should be no reason that this device should count steps while I'm turning the steering wheel while driving if this condition is enabled. Also, this device should not count steps while doing extracurricular activities such as physical pleasure or having sex with your significant other.

Asteroid

Ditto.  Is there a fix to this? 

Highlighted
Supernova

Hey, thanks everyone for reaching out. We are always working to ensure that our devices work better. We will be happy to let you know when there is a fix being issued for this concern.

In the meantime, would everyone mind providing the following information about your device?

* Model Number

* Software Version

* If you have a carrier

You can find this information in Settings > Gear Info.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Model Number SM-R360

Software Version R360XXU1DQJ3

Sprint is the Carrier

Supernova

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much for that information, @useri3BQ5PdL9Z, we do need to continue gather this information from as many people as possible.

Would everyone mind providing the following information about your device?

* Model Number

* Software Version

* If you have a carrier

You can find this information in Settings > Gear Info.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

* Model Number: SM-R360

* Software Version: R360XXU1DQJ3

* If you have a carrier: No

Main issue: step counter terribly wrong (counting to much steps).
Secondary issue: bad battery performance when GPS is on.