Weight Management Meal Logging Syncing Problems

Constellation

Weight Management Meal Logging Syncing Problems

My Galaxy watch is updating to my S8+ at the wrong time when I quick add calorie intake for meals on my watch (S Health). For Instance when I input my breakfast at 8:30AM, it doesn't sync until 3PM. This is an issue when I log my dinner because it doesn't sync to the weight management app on my phone until 2AM which means my calorie count for my dinner rolls to the next day's calorie count. Is anyone else having this issue?

17 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Weight Management Meal Logging Syncing Problems

Have you updated the device, wearable app on your phone, and phone recently?

Constellation

Yes I received an update very recently.  It might have been the update

Samsung Moderator

Have you tried disconnecting the device from your phone and reconnecting?

Constellation

@userr02YGL2d6P wrote:

My Galaxy watch is updating to my S8+ at the wrong time when I quick add calorie intake for meals on my watch (S Health). For Instance when I input my breakfast at 8:30AM, it doesn't sync until 3PM. This is an issue when I log my dinner because it doesn't sync to the weight management app on my phone until 2AM which means my calorie count for my dinner rolls to the next day's calorie count. Is anyone else having this issue?

This happens frequently for me. Galaxy S9+, everything is up to date. Wiped phone and watch last night and resynced my SHealth data back to the phone app. set up watch again, tested adding a meal to SHealth on the phone, didn't sync even after an hour. On the phone if you open SHealth, pull down on the SHealth screen to "Force" a sync. I've been doing this each time I add something as I cannot rely on it to sync. This seems to work and updates the Calorie intake on the watch (and vice versa). Everything else seems to sync fine, steps, water, etc.

My thought in another thread was there should be an apparent "sync to watch" or simply "sync" button to force a sync, or, have this ru as a service in the background to sync every 30 minutes for example or be user customizable.

Constellation

@SamsungLarry wrote:

Have you tried disconnecting the device from your phone and reconnecting?

I did and reconnecting stil had the same issue. I actually realized after some testing that its not a delay of syncing but the time that it gets logged. When I log a meal at lunch at 12:13PM on my watch, my S8+ will pick up very quickly that a meal was added but going into details of the meal on the phone, my lunch shows up as being logged at 8:13PM. This is consistent as every meal I log gets logged fairly quickly but it is logged as taken 8 hours later in the day. 

Samsung Moderator

Is the general time of your device correct? ie date/time or timezone

Constellation

Yes

@SamsungLarry wrote:

Is the general time of your device correct? ie date/time or timezone

Yes. Both time and date is correct on both devices. My phone's time is automatically updated. 

Samsung Moderator

Just to double check, is the timezone correct as well?

Constellation

@SamsungLarry wrote:

Just to double check, is the timezone correct as well?

Yes. Everything is correct. It is only logging food at an incorrect time