Weight Management Meal Logging Syncing Problems

Samsung Moderator

Re: Weight Management Meal Logging Syncing Problems

I know it may not be ideal, but have you attempted to factory reset the device yet?

Constellation

@SamsungLarry wrote:

I know it may not be ideal, but have you attempted to factory reset the device yet?

I just reset the watch. The problem of logging the meal 8 hours from now is still there. 

Samsung Moderator

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Constellation

This is exactly what I was seeing in my thread as well. The food (for me) is being logged in at GMT, not "GMT with offset". So, since I live in GMT-7, all food is loggin in as 7 hours ahead of local time.

I set my Gear Fit to Hawaiian time (GMT-10) and all the food was 10 hours ahead of the "supposed to be" time.

I called in to the Samsung number and was transferred to the Samsung Health group....they said this is a known issue, for what that is worth, and that it would be fixed "sometime" but they do not know when.
Constellation

@NickKl wrote:
This is exactly what I was seeing in my thread as well. The food (for me) is being logged in at GMT, not "GMT with offset". So, since I live in GMT-7, all food is loggin in as 7 hours ahead of local time.

I set my Gear Fit to Hawaiian time (GMT-10) and all the food was 10 hours ahead of the "supposed to be" time.

I called in to the Samsung number and was transferred to the Samsung Health group....they said this is a known issue, for what that is worth, and that it would be fixed "sometime" but they do not know when.

This must be it. I am GMT-7 as well and it is logging 7 hours ahead (I did my math wrong earlier). I am not able to change the GMT on my watch permanently as once it reconnects to my phone it syncs back to GMT-7, with the watch still logging meals as GMT+0.  I am hoping for a fix soon as this renders the meal logging function on the watch unusable. 

Constellation

So I have found a temporary solution which is to turn off automatic time update on my phone and set my phone to GMT+0. Only then will meal logging be done correctly. I'm not sure what effect this might have on any of my other apps. And I now need to manually change for DST. 

Constellation

This issue is REALLY annoying and frustrating. I was excited when I found the weight management feature, and it was a huge help for me to track my eating all day. Then all of a sudden at 6:00pm, my meals start disappearing when I sync with Samsung health. I was troubleshooting for hours and couldn't figure out what was going on until I woke up the next morning and saw all the meals I tried logging the previous evening logged for the next day.

As a workaround for now, I'm going to log calories on my phone after 6pm (since I'm GMT-6), but the convenience of logging quick-add calories on the watch is a minor convenience that gave me a huge motivation to better track and control my eating. Really hope this gets fixed soon.

Constellation

I noticed this issue as well. The problem gets worse, when you log your meals using your phone instead of from the watch, they work fine until Samsung Health syncs with your watch. Then all of the meals get updated to UTC+0. So basically, you can't log a meal from your watch after a certain hour (6:00 pm for me), and meals that you log on your phone after that time need to have the meal time set to before 6:00 in order to be counted on that day. To be candid, not adjusting for timezones is a very sloppy programming error. My confidence in this watch goes down daily as everything I try to use it for has some kind of bug - deep sleep, meal logging, floor count, etc.