gear s pluggin has stopped...

Astronaut

I get that notification on my phone and it crashes (phone) it freezes and then crashes just did the update for gear s3 frontier and update for the phone now I wanna throw phone against the wall! can you help!?
10 REPLIES
Constellation

same here... terrible

Getting the same message, even with uninstall and reinstall. it is pretty much once a minute Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

Re: gear s pluggin has stopped...

Hello there, folks.
I certainly want to assist you all further with this matter. To better do that, can the Community have the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your service provider and what you've already tried to fix it? Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

My model number (gear s3) SM-R770 and (Note 8) SM-N950U

Baseband (gear s3)  (cannot locate)  and (Note 8) N950USQU1AQI5

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Gear app.  Does not work. 

I don't want to have to reset the watch at all just to take it back to the version before the update. 

My phone freezes and the battery is draining at an exponential rate.  My watch keeps asking me to set a pin number and it way out of sync with the phone. 

Samsung Moderator

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I sure hope someone has a solution or someone can tell me how to back this version out to the previous version.  The battery on my watch and phone are literally draining within a couple hours.  I went to bed last night at 100% and woke up to my phone on 31% and my watch on 27%.  I charged them that morning at 8 and before 11am they were both under 70%.  Thanks Smiley Happy

Astronaut

I am getting the same thing.  Verizon had me unistall and reinstall the plug in.  Seemed to work for a brief period but problem is back.  Please fix ASAP.  Making phone almost unusable!

Constellation

I tried to uninstall 3 or 4 times and it just keeps doing it.  I finally just had to disconnect my watch from my phone.  That's the only thing that allows the phone to work properly and I don't get the "put in you passcode" screen on the watch.  Nothing of course syncs, which is a pain, but at least I can use my phone without it freezing every 2 minutes.  Just wishing now I would have bought the watch from Verizon so it worked on its own. Smiley Sad  Surely all of these problems have been given to actual techs and not a regular forum moderator.

Astronaut

I have model SM-G955U (Galaxy 8+), Android version 7,  I installed the latest updated on 12/12/17 and I still have the persistant Gear S Pluggin has stopped error message popping up.  I have reinstalled the software but no help. I have done all I know to do but the error continues.   When is this going to be resolved? There are several who have posted about this issue yet nothing has been mentioned about a resolution