samsung gear s3 screen is black

Astronaut

samsung gear s3 screen is black

gear s3 suddenly quit working, screen is black, battery is charged. Nothing I do will wake it up. ideas/suggestions?
31 REPLIES
Cosmic Ray

Re: samsung gear s3 screen is black

Try to press hold more than seven seconds of the power key.

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem and found no answers on line from the "experts". I tried different things but what finally worked is holding power & back buttons in at the same time for about 8 seconds, then watch rebooted & problem solved! I deleted the recent watch faces I had downloaded & turned off the always on feature. Hopefully problem permanently solved...... Smiley Very Happy 

Constellation

I have the same problem. Forcing a reboot with the 2 buttons immediately shows the "rebooting..." screen.

Nothing else wakes up the screen, but the watch is connected to my phone and the watch resonds with vibrations to notifications. 

Only standard watchfaces; and always on activated.

Red Giant

Good morning @useroMB0PE6dXY

After rebooting it with the two buttons, does it function as normal? Or does it go back to a blank screen after the "rebooting" screen plays?

Constellation

Ah, yes it works as normal after a reboot.

I missed that in my post ☺️

But this is the second time in a week. I fear it might get worse..

Red Giant

@useroMB0PE6dXY

If it happens again, I would try to perform a factory data reset. And if it happens again after you take that step, I would reach out to 1 800 726 7864, our Samsung+ app, or to one of the moderators here to schedule a repair for that device.

Constellation

The only way to get it to wake up is to place it on the charger again.   Doesnt prevent it from happening again but at least it serves the purpose

Astronaut

I have had this watch for 4 months and was fine.  Just this week, twice, pulled from charger in the morning, received the "Good Morning", then a bit later, black.  Tried holding every combination of buttons for over 8 sec, no go.  Put it back in the charger, and it worked.  This morning, same black screen, and put it back in the charger, that did not work.  So, back to holding the buttons for long time.  It took 3 tries, and finally it rebooted.

No app changes, using standard face, but did receive Samsung Pay upgrade this week.  I am thinking it is related.

Constellation

The same happened to me. I woke up today 4/05/18 to a black screen but it would still respond to phone calls and such. I would only feel the vibration though, the screen stayed black. I also held both buttons and it was back to normal after reboot. I also have the always on display activated.