samsung gear s3 screen is black

Astronaut

Re: samsung gear s3 screen is black

My S3 stays dark after the reboot. 

Red Giant

Good afternoon @userB8Tawma9xg

If the screen stays black after all that, I would contact us to get it repaired or replaced. You can reach out to us at 1 800 726 7864 or by using the Samsung+ application.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Add another to the list of folks experiencing this issue.  Has happened twice now, forced reboot both times by holding the power button down.  I have a few custom watchfaces, but rarely use them and they have not been active when this occurs.  Both of my occurrences have happened after the latest patch/update.

Constellation

That worked! Thanks

Constellation

Samsung. Please fix this.  I've sent my classic in twice.  Even bought a frontier.  Both have this issue.  My classic never had this issue until the last tizen update.  

Constellation

If the problem been going on since December I hardly doubt they gonna do anything anytime soon. Especially after rolling out to updates that wore suppose to fix the issue twice both times the issue wore never corrected.

Astronaut

It happened with my gear too today and I tried the option of rebooting with both the keys pressed for more than 8 secs. And it worked. Guess Samsung should have some fix for this.

Cosmic Ray

having the same problem ... my results with both chat support and phone support were BOTH a total waste of time.  I am ready to use this PoS to make a YouTube video shooting it with an AR15 in slow motion .... probablyu filmed with a good LG phone!

Like most of the others here ...this started right after the FORCED (PUSHED) UPDATE. The support acted as if they know NOTHING .... that many "ignorant" people in one place is amazing ...obviously no contact with the Samsung forums .... in fact they have told me that on multiple occasions. 

The phone seems to shut down ...disconnects from phone, doesnt count steps, is in constant need of reboot ... claims batter low but when placed on charger is at 75-85% (typically) .... just far more trouble than it is worth.

Have had constsant trouble since day 1 ...actually day -1 (i recieved mine before release date.  WORST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER OWNED! ...DEFINATELY WORST SUPPORT!

Cosmic Ray

actually ... so many of us are having identical issues ... discussed here and in other forums ... and SAMSUNG has been no help.  We spent a lot of $$$ on this thing ... and OUR efforts to get fixed remain unresolved....

I suspect this post will get me banned .... frankly I dont have anything to loose ..... Is anyone else interested in a possible Class Action Lawsuit against Samsung?

After my recorded go-round with "support" i discussed this with an atty today as a possibility.  I cant imagine their "new" watch has any improvements ... if so that means they should be aware of the "fixed" and problems.

Constellation

Thank you for your help. Just rebooting by holding down the power key for 7+ seconds solved it.